Has anyone heard of stingray sailing tours in Grand Cayman?

rosemont5380

I was out with Chip at the end of Sept. LOVED him and the crew. I don't swim so he tried to find a very shallow spot at stingray city to drop anchor, it was perfect.

Also about being pushy....Since I don't swim I stayed on board during the snorkel portion of the tour while my husband snorkeled. Chip and I had a conversation about family members that push other family members to do something they don't like. He did not agree with pushing someone to do something they were not comfortable with and loved that my husband understood I was happier on the boat. He said he had seen it too many times.

About the pictures, Mark explained pricing and if you want some later or lose them to email and they would get you new photos, that was all. He NEVER asking anything else until the end and then it was just making sure everyone had gotten pictures that wanted them.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently took the Stingray Sailing stingray and snorkel excursion on our cruise stop in Grand Cayman and it was a fabulous experience. We picked the company based on their excellent reviews on Trip Advisor--the reviews are accurate and we had a great time! There were only 5 on the catamaran. The nearby excursion boats from the cruise ship and some other private operators were packed.

My daughter and I were hesitant when we first got in the water but we quickly got used to the "feel" of the stingrays brushing against us. Skip and Kevin let us take our time getting used to the rays and stood nearby with us when we (finally) decided to feed them. My daughter was the only one who wanted to snorkel, so Kevin took her on a "private" guided snorkel while the rest of us relaxed on the boat.

At the end of the excursion, one of the passengers noticed an inguana had fallen in the water and was struggling to survive--Kevin was able save it.

We highly recommend this excursion. It was less expensive than the cruise line tours and well worth the money.

Our family of six booked Stingray Sailing through the web for one of our days in port. I cannot say enough about how excellent their service was and how much we all enjoyed the trip (ages 25 - 60). We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED swimming with the stingrays, even though some of us were a little anxious about it when we booked. We had plenty of time in the water and the snorkeling afterward was perfect for us as we are novices. The boat ride was very relaxing and there was even a decent bathroom onboard. (Our ship was rerouted because of a hurricane and the owners worked tirelessly to keep their commitment with everyone and to communicate by email after we were already on the ship.) This excursion was the highlight of our cruise and we would do it again if we could.

OK you all have me convinced. I was just going to go to the dock and see what I could find, but after readying your posts and the ones on trip advisor I am booking with these people.

Thanks everyone.

Glad that you decided to join us. Its sounding like a wonderful excursion :D

Glad that you decided to join us. Its sounding like a wonderful excursion :D

I did the full pre-pay because I don't like to carry lots of cash if I don't have and received my confirmation. Really was looking for a Catamaran that went to the Reef. This will be perfect, can't wait to meet girlscruise2011 and put a face to the name.

Thanks for your help.

I did the full pre-pay because I don't like to carry lots of cash if I don't have and received my confirmation. Really was looking for a Catamaran that went to the Reef. This will be perfect, can't wait to meet girlscruise2011 and put a face to the name.

Thanks for your help.

I feel the same way about the cash. I am prepaying the balance this week. Its just one less thing to worry about.

I know they are talking of a meet n greet on the rollcall so hopefully we'll meet before the excursion.:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone have trouble getting to the dock in time to meet Stingray Sailing? They said we're to meet them at 9am local time, but our RCL ship isn't scheduled to arrive until 8:30am local time. We'll do our best to get on the first tender available, but we're worried we won't get to the dock by 9am since RCL prioritizes people on their excursions for the early tenders. We don't want to miss Stingray City!

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone have trouble getting to the dock in time to meet Stingray Sailing? They said we're to meet them at 9am local time, but our RCL ship isn't scheduled to arrive until 8:30am local time. We'll do our best to get on the first tender available, but we're worried we won't get to the dock by 9am since RCL prioritizes people on their excursions for the early tenders. We don't want to miss Stingray City!

I am a little worried about this too. I am supposed to meet Dexter (adventuresea tours) at 8:30, but we don't arrive till 8. I have told him about my concerns and he seems not worried about it, just encouraged us to get off the ship quickly. We haven't prepaid for the tour but I will be sad if we miss it.

• 1 year later...

We just returned from Grand Cayman over 2 weeks ago and we were also concerned about missing our excursion. We were on the Celebrity Silhouette and got ticket number 8. We anchored at 9:45 am and were on the tender at 10:05 am to go into Grand Cayman.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is a little old, but it came up while I was searching for Stingray's website to post on another forum....

Just back from a cruise where we sailed with Chip and Stingray.

Our experience was as fantastic as the other's on here had.

Small group, great service, awesome trip.

This is an easy choice...

http://www.stingraysailing.com

Edited by flyau98

I know this thread is a little old, but it came up while I was searching for Stingray's website to post on another forum....

Just back from a cruise where we sailed with Chip and Stingray.

Our experience was as fantastic as the other's on here had.

Small group, great service, awesome trip.

This is an easy choice...

http://www.stingraysailing.com

Thanks for posting this review. We have booked with them in June, and it is good to know you enjoyed them so much!

Does anyone know how long this tour is? I am trying to plan out the rest of the day. We are in port from 7 to 4. Thanks!

We just did this tour last week. It was fantastic. It was about 4 hours dock to dock. Ship time was an hour ahead of local time. We met them at 9:15 ship time (8:15 GC time) and were back at the port by 1:30 ship time (12:30 GC time). Had time for lunch and some shopping before heading back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
We just did this tour last week. It was fantastic. It was about 4 hours dock to dock. Ship time was an hour ahead of local time. We met them at 9:15 ship time (8:15 GC time) and were back at the port by 1:30 ship time (12:30 GC time). Had time for lunch and some shopping before heading back to the ship.

Looking for a stingray excursion while we're in Grand Cayman and this looks great. Just wondering if it's suitable for a five year-old?

Looking for a stingray excursion while we're in Grand Cayman and this looks great. Just wondering if it's suitable for a five year-old?

Yes, there were quite a few kids on the tour a few weeks ago. Highly recommended, Captain Chip, his dad, and wife Michelle are great to deal with, very capable, and most importantly, very careful and respectful of the creatures.

Saw (and heard stories of) other operators who were not so careful with how they treated and interacted with the stingrays.

• 4 weeks later...

Or inquired into booking for June 27. Got quick response back with all details! Ship docks at 8, which is 7 local time, right??

Tour starts at 8:30, says meet at 8:15, tour is 3.5-4 hours.

Wonder if I would have time to hang at Calico Jacks for a minute before heading back to ship :)

I have not been on the tour that was mentioned but I have been to Stingray City and it was an amazing experience which I am looking forward to doing again. My tour was through stingraycityunited.com and we enjoyed it a lot. We also got to see the National Geographic: Ocean Soul exhibit and took pictures with some beautiful parrots.