Air Tahiti Nui pearl giveaway

Wendy The Wanderer

[This was posted on the Regent board, but thought it might be of interest here as well.]

Air Tahiti Nui offering free Tahitian pearl to passengers

- Air Tahiti Nui is celebrating 10 years of flying by treating each passenger to a free Tahitian cultured pearl from Robert Wan, the famous "pearl emperor" of French Polynesia.

As a 10th anniversary gesture, available until Jan. 15, Air Tahiti Nui is presenting each first and business class passenger with a sealed envelope containing a Robert Wan pearl. Economy class passengers are receiving a gift certificate to redeem their free pearl at one of seven Robert Wan jewelry boutiques in French Polynesia, an airline spokesman confirmed.

The offer, which began in October, applies to all Air Tahiti Nui flights arriving in Tahiti from Los Angeles, Tokyo, Sydney and Auckland. The pearls and pearl certificates are presented after the flights arrive in Tahiti, the spokesman said.

"The Tahitian pearl is a symbol of beauty and perfection which represents the way we feel about Tahiti, our home, and one of the world's most aspirational holiday destinations," said Craig Lee, the airline's regional director in Australia. "This iconic gift is our way of thanking passengers for their support and helping to remind them of their time in Tahiti."

Wan began pearl farming in 1973. His first official client was Japan's pearl master Mikimoto. Wan now is one of the most experienced and acclaimed producers of the Tahitian cultured pearl, often called the Black Pearl, or "Poe Rava" in Tahitian, the same name given to Air Tahiti Nui's first and business class cabins.

Air Tahiti Nui officially celebrates its 10th anniversary on Nov. 20, the day in 1998 when its first flight went from Tahiti to Los Angeles.

Wow, you got two on the way back as well! Way to go, there's hope for me, maybe a little necklace or drop earrings. I have a really lovely bluish solitaire that I got last trip, and a pair of earrings I had made from my first pearl purchase in Manihi in 2000. I love black pearls.

Nope, did not get the coupon either. Drat. lol.

Though I did get my Pearls, ring, necklace and earrings. It just cost about $7000 to get them.......lol:rolleyes:

We did get the coupons in economy and we went to Robert Wan at the ICH to redeem .. they were closed for lunch both times. bad timing i guess!!

How much time do we need in LAX for the connection from Air Tahiti? We are are going to be connecting to a Southwest flight so we will have to collect our bags, clear customs, and then go to Terminal 1 to check in for Southwest flight.

It took us about an hour to get through everything and check our bags back in. You'll have to travel three terminals down to No. 1 and that can take a bit to walk it, should you decided to go it on foot - the shuttle will take you longer. I would allow at least three hours once you touch down, but I like to be very cautious and allow for extra time.

I think you will be fine. Even if you have a little glitch along the way, that's still enough time. The longest wait was for the luggage to be unloaded. After you take it through customs, there is a counter where you just hand it back over and it's rechecked for you. Just make sure you ask ATN to book it through for you (just to be safe).

Have an incredible cruise!

Archived