Pre Stay in Copenhagen?

calvincleo

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents, but we have used the trip advisor website to find hotels in Europe and we have not been disappointed. The reviews are by the people who have actually stayed at the hotels. The only thing to bear in mind is that the expectations of Europeans and those of Americans and possibly Canadians are likely to be different. Consequently, weight the reviews of your countrymen more heavily in making your decision.

With the time change, and continuing to go east you lose another 3 hours to Russia, if you haven''t adjusted you might miss a port like we nearly did last time in Stockholm. Two nights would be an absolute minimum to see Copenhagen, and I would give it longer or stay in London a few days first.

Those of you who booked the Marriott on Priceline, did you have to do it blind??? That is always my concern.

Thanks,

Those of you who booked the Marriott on Priceline, did you have to do it blind??? That is always my concern.

Thanks,

Yes--except if you go to sites like biddingfortravel, it appears that the Marriott and one other quite decent hotel are the only two possible choices. We got the Marriott for this June for about $148/night after taxes and fees, and possibly could have done better if I had been willing to use more bidding strategy. The cheapest rate on the various hotel web sites for the Marriott was WAY higher.

Les

Yes--except if you go to sites like biddingfortravel, it appears that the Marriott and one other quite decent hotel are the only two possible choices. We got the Marriott for this June for about $148/night after taxes and fees, and possibly could have done better if I had been willing to use more bidding strategy. The cheapest rate on the various hotel web sites for the Marriott was WAY higher.

Les

Thanks Les, I dipped by toes into those sights and ended up with an amazing deal for our upcoming Arizona trip. So I may be brave and try when we get back for the Marriott. Is it easy to get to from the airport or do you need to take a taxi? B

Thanks Les, I dipped by toes into those sights and ended up with an amazing deal for our upcoming Arizona trip. So I may be brave and try when we get back for the Marriott. Is it easy to get to from the airport or do you need to take a taxi? B
Either a taxi or a train to the central station and then a 10-15 minute walk--depends upon your mobility and the amount of your luggage. Interestingly, it looks from a map that the "short" taxi ride from the central station to the hotel is actually longer than it appears due to one-way streets.

Les

Archived