Century Martini sampler?...Do tell!!!

brenderlou

We are cruising with our in-laws in Feb '09 and my mother-in-law- is a BIG martini gal.

I've seen the martini sampler mentioned but have no idea what it is or how much it costs. Can someone clue me in?

Thanks

Brenda

RCCL - 8 cruises

Our first Celebrity cruise coming up and we are excited!!!!

As a long-time X martini drinker (Founding member of the Martini Mates) I can tell you that the martini sampler (flight) is not something you necessarily want to try--here's why. Martini's should be served ice cold. Really cold. I have never found that that can do that with the sampler. 90% of the time they bring them out on a little tray and they have already been poured behind the bar. A good martini should be shaken at your table and then poured. You should drink it ice cold. The one time I had the sampler, it was luke warm.

Now when we are in the Martini Bar with friends and I can't talk them out of ordering it, I ask them when they get it how cold it is. I have never had anyone say it was as cold as it would have been if it had been poured directly from the shaker.

If you MIL is a big martini fan, have her get one of each type, each day of the cruise. I can highly recommend all of them. If Sudi is still onboard, have him make you a mojito martini. They are to die for.

BTW: If you want to see X's best martini maker in action, you can find a movie of him at http://web.mac.com/jimbellomo/Barcelona-Century_2007/Sudi.html

It was taken onboard Century in the Martini Bar last fall.

Thanks All!!

Sounds like the perfectly made/big martini is probably the way to go with MIL. She's into the "classic" martini".

By the way, loved all the posts and every one's opinions. That's why I always post questions here.

Happy Sailing-

Brenda

I highly recommend the tasting expeience it is great & I found our sampler cold & enjoyable. But after the initial experience for a true martini drinker(which I am happy to have aquired that taste) it is much better to order the normal size matinin's & enjoy them.

Hi,:) personally I think the Martini Sampler is fun:D..especially

if you haven't tried it.

Jim, Sudi is not on any ship at the moment..he is home

in Bali. I was hoping he was going to be on Solstice but

no such luck!...

How come you posted such a mad face:mad:....nothing to be

mad about...its all just opinions about it;)

As a long-time X martini drinker (Founding member of the Martini Mates) I can tell you that the martini sampler (flight) is not something you necessarily want to try--here's why. Martini's should be served ice cold. Really cold. I have never found that that can do that with the sampler. 90% of the time they bring them out on a little tray and they have already been poured behind the bar. A good martini should be shaken at your table and then poured. You should drink it ice cold. The one time I had the sampler, it was luke warm.

Now when we are in the Martini Bar with friends and I can't talk them out of ordering it, I ask them when they get it how cold it is. I have never had anyone say it was as cold as it would have been if it had been poured directly from the shaker.

If you MIL is a big martini fan, have her get one of each type, each day of the cruise. I can highly recommend all of them. If Sudi is still onboard, have him make you a mojito martini. They are to die for.

BTW: If you want to see X's best martini maker in action, you can find a movie of him at http://web.mac.com/jimbellomo/Barcelona-Century_2007/Sudi.html

It was taken onboard Century in the Martini Bar last fall.

hahhahaha sudi. he was on the constellation a few years back while we were sailing. great bartender, awesome at his tricks, but i had to avoid that bar by the end of the trip...it was starting to get a little creepy. he told me he was in love with me and was dead serious!!!! lol i told him he didn't even know me. haha. so i just avoided the martini bar for the last few days we were on board.

Archived