Thursday Weigh-in 11/20/08

WeirdEyes

Good morning, everyone! I hope you all are having a great week. Belle is on a glorious European cruise and will be gone for 26 day! How lucky can you get?

Here's a little pre-Thanksgiving poem I thought you might enjoy.

I Ate Too Much Turkey

by Jack Prelutsky

I ate too much turkey,

I ate too much corn,

I ate too much pudding and pie,

I'm stuffed up with muffins

and much too much stuffin',

I'm probably going to die.

I piled up my plate

and I ate and I ate,

but I wish I had known when to stop,

for I'm so crammed with yams,

sauces, gravies, and jams

that my buttons are starting to pop.

I'm full of tomatoes

and french fried potatoes,

my stomach is swollen and sore,

but there's still some dessert,

so I guess it won't hurt

if I eat just a little bit more.

I hope my American friends don't find their buttons popping next week. ;)

I was able to start back at the gym on Monday and I lost 2.5 lbs this week. YAY!

Good luck, Losers and have a great day! :D

Sheila

Sheila, thanks for the poem, cute and most appropriate.

Congrats on your weight loss, awesome.

Jan, I know how you feel. I was scared to get on the scale this morning but mustered up the courage. Well, it's ok, I'm still down the 1.5 I lost last week.

Hubby and I are spending a quiet Thanksgiving alone. I'll make a Turkey, stuffing, green beans and promised hubby a pumpkin cheescake so not too much bad stuff.

Good luck to all this week.

I lost another 4 lbs this week. So that makes a total of 8 lbs for me. I feel better already, just knowing I am finally on the right track.

Oh, that poem sounds like it could be me. I love to eat, and cannot stop with just 1 bite, 1 cookie, or 1 piece of pie:( So I am not eating that stuff...but will on thanksgiving day and prob will eat to much. I will get right back on track the next day however.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

I lost another 4 lbs this week. So that makes a total of 8 lbs for me. I feel better already, just knowing I am finally on the right track.

WOW! 4 lbs in a week is great!!

I'm new to this board but, my weight has gotten out of hand. Quit smoking a little over a year ago and have gained 40 lbs. Never took a cruise until I quit smoking (it is my reward) and now I am so glad I quit.

But the pictures.....EEEEEK!!!

What is your strategy??

My sister and I are going on a Greece/Egypt cruise the end of March and I would like to feel good about being in pictures.

Should I go to the gym tomorrow? Have been a member for over a year and haven't been there for about 4 months.

What kind of excercises do all of you do at the gym? How about repetitions?

Any help is appreciated.

Condogal, hopefully someone can tell you about the gym stuff, the only exercise I'm doing brisk walking. Would love to be able to run, but don't ever see that happening.:p

I'm going by the Weight Watchers Core program although not following it to a T. Just using it as a guideline.

Congrats on quitting smoking - what a great reward you chose for yourself:) Cruising is the best as far as I'm concerned. That sounds like quite a cruise you have coming up in March. AND, what a great motivator to lose some of the weight you're trying to lose.

Good luck.

Hey I will jump on this one!! i weighed in yesterday!!! UGH:( We go on our cruise in 57 days so I need to lose at least 25lbs. Do you think I can do it?? I'm going to the grocery tomarrow and buying not a single bit of junk food I hope. My kids come home from college on wedesday and they are not going to like that I don't have their comfort foods. i will just have to wait until next friday to buy a few for them so they can take it back with them:p

Madge: I also have a cruise in 58 days and would love to lose 25 lbs. for it!! Good Luck! I had to laugh because thats about 2 lbs a day.

My last cruise with my 2 sisters, we had a bet. In about 6 weeks, whoever lost the most got the 1st pick of the beds. I won....in 6 weeks I lost 3/4 of a lb. My other sister gained 2 lbs, and the one who organized the whole trip and goes to WW sometimes gained 4 lbs! We aren't good dieters.

So does that mean that you don't have any kids living with you on a daily basis? That should make it easier but it's still a challenge.

Dall: I think I'll ask my sister about the WW program. If she goes regularly, she does okay. I'm hoping that just reading what everyone is doing will be motivation for me. Instead of going to the gym today, I shoveled snow from the driveway. That should qualify as a workout!!

My sister who is the big cruiser (doing it for years) got me started on one in November 2007. I quit smoking August 2007. Since quitting, I have gone on 4 cruises and have 3 more scheduled for next year. Figuring that I probably spent about $2,000 a year on cigarettes, I might have to give up something else in order to keep cruising. Maybe Food?? LOL

How long or how far do you walk? I was going to start walking the dog but it got cold (live in OHIO).

WeirdEyes: What type of things do you do at the gym? The aerobic stuff kills me but know I should do it. I'm 199.4 lbs, 5'3" and 59 years old. I'm always afraid I'll have a heart attack if I do too much aerobics (isn't that a valid excuse at my age even if I'm healthy?)

Terry

Terry, I like the sound of your sisters. I have three sisters and we are all on the large size and have been dieting on and off for years. However, when it comes to contests and there is a prize I can be very determined when it comes to weight loss.:p

We walk (DH & I) between 1.5 and 2 miles usually, and it is hilly. Today we had to force ourselves to get outside, it was 24 degrees with wind blowing. Brrrr. We have a treadmill in basement but its broken, will have to break down soon and replace it. I actually like walking on the treadmill because we have a tv right in front of it. I usually walk for an hour when on the treadmill. I think some kind of exercise is important (for me anyways) when I'm trying to lose weight.

Our cruise is Feb 22 and I'm hoping for 25 lbs by then.

Madge, that sounds like you would need to lose 3 lbs a week?? Hm, I could do that for the first few weeks, but then would taper off, especially with holidays coming. They can do it on Biggest Loser, actually would only take them a month - but they really train hard. Good Luck. I figure any loss is good.

Hi Everyone: My WI is on Saturday and I hit the 75 lb mark this week. I am also following a modified WW plan. I call it Flexi-core as I eat mostl Core food but assign and count points. What has worked for me is cutting out processed food and now I am trying to cut down in sugar. Once you start reading the packages, you'll be amazed at the "hidden" added sugar in products.

As for excercise, I do go to the gym regularly. I try to shoot for 5-6 days a week and do mostly group exercise classes including Spinning, Body Pump (weight lifting) and Step Aerobics. I am 47 ys old and started at 249 lbs. I would incourage all of you, no matter what your age or size, to incorporate exercise into your day. You'll be surprised at how much you improve over a short period of time. Of course, if you are concerned about your health, see your doctor for a complete physical and release to start program.

Good luck to you all!:)

Hi Everyone: My WI is on Saturday and I hit the 75 lb mark this week. I am also following a modified WW plan. I call it Flexi-core as I eat mostl Core food but assign and count points. What has worked for me is cutting out processed food and now I am trying to cut down in sugar. Once you start reading the packages, you'll be amazed at the "hidden" added sugar in products.

As for excercise, I do go to the gym regularly. I try to shoot for 5-6 days a week and do mostly group exercise classes including Spinning, Body Pump (weight lifting) and Step Aerobics. I am 47 ys old and started at 249 lbs. I would incourage all of you, no matter what your age or size, to incorporate exercise into your day. You'll be surprised at how much you improve over a short period of time. Of course, if you are concerned about your health, see your doctor for a complete physical and release to start program.

Good luck to you all!:)

WOW:D Good for you. That is great. My weight was just a little below yours when I started (only couple weeks ago). I'm slightly older, 52. How long has it taken to lose the 75? Also, I've been reading labels...do you know the different between sugar and sugar alcohol (I think)? That is dedication to be able to get to the gym 5-6 days a week. Keep up the good work.

WOW:D Good for you. That is great. My weight was just a little below yours when I started (only couple weeks ago). I'm slightly older, 52. How long has it taken to lose the 75? Also, I've been reading labels...do you know the different between sugar and sugar alcohol (I think)? That is dedication to be able to get to the gym 5-6 days a week. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the encouragement. I started on WW on March 8, 2008...Almost 9 mos. Stay away from sugar alcohol if you can. Like the previous poster stated, it can cause major stomach/intestinal issues if you are sensitive. I was using Splenda but have swithced to Stevia as it is a natural and not chemically processed like the Splenda. We'll see if my body likes it.

I ahve WI tomorrow so we will see how well I survived the T-giving feast!:)

Archived