Taxi fare to Maracas or La Cuevos Beach

chamima

We will be in Trinidad on Jan. 22 on the Grand Princess. From everything I have read on these boards it seems like the best thing to do is go the Maracas or La Cuevos Beach. Someone wrote that taxi fare was over $100 to get there. Does anyone have any experience with this? (Or any other recommendations?)

Thanks

Karen

We will be in Trinidad on Jan. 22 on the Grand Princess. From everything I have read on these boards it seems like the best thing to do is go the Maracas or La Cuevos Beach. Someone wrote that taxi fare was over $100 to get there. Does anyone have any experience with this? (Or any other recommendations?)

Thanks

Karen

Hi. I cant answer you question as I never did take a taxi to Maracas but if it is $100 that would be for 4 people so maybe you can share (It is a fantastic drive). The oficial website for the TT tourist board is gotrinidadandtobago.com there is some usefull info there and maybe you can try to contact them to get taxi rates.

• 4 weeks later...

We contacted a taxi driver off the Trinidad Website. Told him we wanted to go to Maracas Beach, stay there for at least two hours, return to the ship, and show us the sights along the way. He returned with a quote of $160!!

Needless to say, the ships excursions is only $44/pp.....

We contacted a taxi driver off the Trinidad Website. Told him we wanted to go to Maracas Beach, stay there for at least two hours, return to the ship, and show us the sights along the way. He returned with a quote of $160!!

Needless to say, the ships excursions is only $44/pp.....

Did the taxi driver say $160 U.S? If he did not maybe he was quoting you in TT$. The ships prices are in U.S.

To be safe when I travel in the Caribbean I always ask what currency are they quoting as most islands have there own different currency.

Did the taxi driver say $160 U.S? If he did not maybe he was quoting you in TT$. The ships prices are in U.S.

To be safe when I travel in the Caribbean I always ask what currency are they quoting as most islands have there own different currency.

Goneclear - What is $160 TT in US$ ?

Thanks

Goneclear - What is $160 TT in US$ ?

Thanks

$1.00 U.S = $6.30 TT. In the tourism industry tour guides etc they usually round it off to $1.00 U.S = $6.00 TT.

If the taxi driver quoted lightsleeper in US$ that would most likely cover up to 4 people so works out a little cheaper than the cruise tour and more flexable.

Archived