How long for embarkation?

Paul+3kids

Booked a cruise from Sydney to LA next year, I want to book my flights but not sure what time they would start embarkation. The Star gets into Sydney at 7AM and leaves at 9PM, so what time do you think we will be let onto the ship?

Probably around noon, same as everywhere else.

I truly hope you are not even considering flying in the same day, are you?

We were on the Sapphire Sydney to LA cruise last April/May and stayed a couple of days at the Sydney Marriott which was about a 5-minute walk to the pier. We bid on Priceline and got really good rates at the hotel; getting there a couple of days early allowed us to acclimate to the time difference and also take a couple of tours of the city.

We took our big bags from the hotel to the pier just after 10AM and returned at about 11:30AM with our carry-ons to check in, and were in our cabins by Noon.

I'm cruising in a couple of weeks from Sydney, and the Diamond has similar arrival/departure times for Sydney. Embarkation officially starts at 1pm but I intend to get there around 11am and fully hope to be onboard by 12 noon. It helps to beat the rush if you would rather spend the day on board.

And if you are flying into Sydney same day (as I am) then even if your flight is delayed, it still leaves you with plenty of time to make the ship...because you don't have to board until 8pm.

I truly hope you are not even considering flying in the same day, are you?

We were on the Sapphire Sydney to LA cruise last April/May and stayed a couple of days at the Sydney Marriott which was about a 5-minute walk to the pier. We bid on Priceline and got really good rates at the hotel; getting there a couple of days early allowed us to acclimate to the time difference and also take a couple of tours of the city.

We took our big bags from the hotel to the pier just after 10AM and returned at about 11:30AM with our carry-ons to check in, and were in our cabins by Noon.

Yes we are flying in on the same day, because we are getting married the night before the cruise. We live in melbourne though, so the flight is only 1 hour, and no need to worry about time difference.Thanks

Yes we are flying in on the same day, because we are getting married the night before the cruise. We live in melbourne though, so the flight is only 1 hour, and no need to worry about time difference.Thanks

Best wishes, congratulations, and have a great cruise!;)

Archived