Just Returned From SOLSTICE 11/21-11/23

JDGGG

We were on the beginning of the hump on 8th floor starboard. We liked the extra large balcony and central location.

What I thought was weird the Captain never spoke and there was no cruise director. The personal we encountered were very helpful and professional.

The Muster Drill was very unique, we sat in the dining room and watched a safety video similar to a video on a plane. The Captain did not speak.

The ship was beautiful and cabin attendant was great. But no stuffed animals or chocolates on the bed.

We sail Nov. 30th in cabin 7298 (2C) Sunrise Deck.......is this now an obstructed view cabin? I wasn't quick understanding the Cat. 7 folks are not mentioning!!

We are in the same cabin in January so I took a peek on our preview cruise. If you are all the way at the balcony edge you can look down and see the lifeboats. I would not consider this an obstruction at all. This stateroom has been re-listed as a 2B.

Our cabin was perfect with the bed by the bathroom and the couch by the sliding glass door. I can see how the opposite set up would be less desirable. I think it makes more sense to have the couch by the door so that you can watch TV or read and still see out. It also comes in handy if a 3rd person was in your room because set up the other way there is very little room to walk by in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom. The way ours was you would not have that problem as the third person would be in their own little corner of the room. I must say the pull out trundle seemed comfy (I had to try it for any questions that might arise). The Tv in the room is very nice also but the controls are on the side so everytime my husband went to move it he would mess something up accidentally hitting a button. We felt the closet was adequate with plenty of storage, we did not have a problem getting to it and actually kept our suitcases in it as well. Hope this helps.

My boyfriend and I were on the cruise and had a great time! :) We stayed in a sunset verandah cabin (our balcony was standard in size).

The ship experienced a lot of motion on both nights, no matter where we were on the ship. I understand the ship was sailing slowly, but I wish the captain would have used the stabilizers to smooth out the ride at night. On the other hand, sailing during the day was very smooth.

Our room steward, Roger, was the epitome of perfect service! Roger made towel animals for us on each night, which was always a pleasant surprise upon returning to our cabin. However, service in areas such as the main dining room could have been better (waiters not too personable, very slow wait, courses for each person coming out at different times). I'm sure such details will be taken care of, once the crew gets used to working on this particular ship. Though, we still had a fabulous time and didn't let things like that affect our experience. :) We loved the solarium and library especially. I wish I was back on the ship!!!!

Our cabin was perfect with the bed by the bathroom and the couch by the sliding glass door. I can see how the opposite set up would be less desirable. I think it makes more sense to have the couch by the door so that you can watch TV or read and still see out. It also comes in handy if a 3rd person was in your room because set up the other way there is very little room to walk by in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom. The way ours was you would not have that problem as the third person would be in their own little corner of the room. I must say the pull out trundle seemed comfy (I had to try it for any questions that might arise). The Tv in the room is very nice also but the controls are on the side so everytime my husband went to move it he would mess something up accidentally hitting a button. We felt the closet was adequate with plenty of storage, we did not have a problem getting to it and actually kept our suitcases in it as well. Hope this helps.

Hi LMF,

When you pulled out the trundle and tried it, did you notice the size? Your cabin was listed as a "double sofa bed" Is the trundle designed to sleep two on the floor? Or one on the floor and one on the sofa? Did you see the bedding for trundle? Could the trundle "pop-up" or just stay on floor? Many thanks for any more info if anyone noticed size or actually used the 3rd/4th passenger accommodations, Janet

We sail Nov. 30th in cabin 7298 (2C) Sunrise Deck.......is this now an obstructed view cabin? I wasn't quick understanding the Cat. 7 folks are not mentioning!!

We are in the same cabin in January so I took a peek on our preview cruise. If you are all the way at the balcony edge you can look down and see the lifeboats. I would not consider this an obstruction at all. This stateroom has been re-listed as a 2B.

Most of the 2C's have been reclassified as 2B's if there is no obstruction.

Hi LMF,

When you pulled out the trundle and tried it, did you notice the size? Your cabin was listed as a "double sofa bed" Is the trundle designed to sleep two on the floor? Or one on the floor and one on the sofa? Did you see the bedding for trundle? Could the trundle "pop-up" or just stay on floor? Many thanks for any more info if anyone noticed size or actually used the 3rd/4th passenger accommodations, Janet

Sorry to just get back to you, the trundle bed slept one and I guess you could do one on the couch. Did not see the bedding at all. The trundle was an avewrage twin from what I remember. It stayed low and did not pull up at all.

Thanks for posting LMF,

Not to worry, just received answer from X to my 10/2 !! email (see Solstice 3rd bed thread), but yours is very informative. X mentions a "double sofa bed" but all veranda rooms have same white "pleather" sofa, some with a trundle under it. There appears to be no way to sleep two other than one on trundle on floor and one on sofa top.

Which begs one of my original questions, other than capacity issues, why couldn't every sofa top in every cabin be a "third bed"? X and others have confirmed there is no difference in the sofa length. This question is pertinent as there are no connecting 3/4 cabins on the Solstice, when it seems that could have been possible. There are more families on the Christmas cruise so we should see the various 3/4 configurations/bedding and will report back. Comments from anyone who has actually used the double sofa bed or pullman would be appreciated. Thank you,

Archived