Is it bad when??????????

sailingseabee

Hi everyone
I am sorry to waste everyones time again.But I am so excited about my first cruise in 6 days on the glory.It might sound silly but I don't think I was looking foward to leaving Iraq after almost a year as I am too this cruise.But anyways I asked this question on the fashion board but I thought I would try this board because it is more Carnival related.I am in the navy and of course have my dress blues that I will be dressing in for formal night ,but will it be accaptable to do it for both nights .Any feedback would be appericated.
Thanks in advance.
Buda;)

[quote name='sailingseabee']Hi everyone
I am in the navy and of course have my dress blues that I will be dressing in for formal night ,but will it be accaptable to do it for both nights .Thanks in advance.
Buda;)[/QUOTE]

I have seen them both nights. Don't worry. You won't be alone. There are usually a half dozen or so people, wearing some type of military dress both nights.
Even saw a few scots wearing formal scottish attire. ;)

I agree.... where it both nights and wear it proud. I love to see people in dress blues, be it a man or a woman. Would be a great opportunity for us to thank you in person for your service and dedication.

..............................................................................................................................................

i would love to see you in your dress blues. wear them with pride and know that they are a statement of courage and honor for yourself and our country.

have a wonderful time and i know you will make many new friends on the trip not only on formal nights but during the whole cruise.

We are leaving on the Imagination in January. The trip is in honor of our 26yo son who is in the NYS National Guard and his girlfriend. They have been separated for 11 months out of the past three years and he was in grad school along with completing all his military training. I am hoping he wears his dress blues on the cruise . I am VERY proud of him and all the others that serve this country.

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]Yes, by all means, wear them with pride. And thank you so very much for your service to our country. :) [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[b][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]"...because he stands the wall, while you sleep, and says, no harm will come to you tonight, not on my watch" [u]A Few Good Men[/u][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b]

I am married to an active duty person. I have asked him to wear them, think he looks so nice and I am VERY proud. But he refuses. He feels he would be asking for attention/praise, etc-whatever you want to call it.
Just a different view.
Like I said, I wish he would wear his dress mess (AF) but he won't.

I agree!!! Wear them with PRIDE!!! I love seeing a man in uniform... and it also makes me proud to be an American anytime I see someone dressed in their uniform!!! Have a great cruise! And THANK YOU!!!!! It's because of people like you that we are actually able to have the freedom to post here! And the added sense of security that we have from day to day! Bless you!

When we went on the Glory in October 2003, a couple we had met here came as well. He had just returned from Iraq, he's in the Marines.

He wore his dress blues both nights. Something you should do as well. Some of the stories we heard from some "retired" military, those that would come to him with tears in their eyes and thank him. Just seeing that was so inspirational.

Wear your dress blues as proudly as we are all of you for having served!

Oh and THANK YOU :)

Archived