Chocolate melting Cake

cruizinonup

:confused::confused::( Sorry to hear you feel that way......we love that cake so much DW learned how to make it at home! :D

I've heard several others who just love it and I thought I would too as a chocoholic. However, I tried it twice just to make sure and it was terrible both times. It was like undercooked pudding with a few brownie chunks in it. I plan on trying it again in January on the Inspiration just to see if maybe the chefs on the Destiny couldn't make it right! :)

Chocolate melting cake is the strangest food I have ever come across. I don't like it. At least I think I don't, but I can not help ordering it like every other night.

And the nights I don't, I keep thinking I should have.

It has me so puzzled over this food, I will not dare try any of the imitations in fear of it will lead to a compulsion of going out into the night just to buy one.

I've heard several others who just love it and I thought I would too as a chocoholic. However, I tried it twice just to make sure and it was terrible both times. It was like undercooked pudding with a few brownie chunks in it. I plan on trying it again in January on the Inspiration just to see if maybe the chefs on the Destiny couldn't make it right! :)

I think it comes down to a matter of preference. People here the word "Cake" and figure its going to be of a cake consistency. The consistency you described is the correct way of making it, its not supposed to be like a fully cooked cake. To me, that would be boring, and i would just eat a regular piece of cake. JMHO

Im a chocoholic as well, however, i would say im honestly a bit of a chocolate snob, there are alot of people that swear by Hershey's chocolate. Not me though, with the exception of using it in a recipe, that is the grossest chocolate ever. Again, JMHO

While making ice crem sundaes a while back at a friends house, i asked for the hot fudge, she hands me a bottle of chocolate syrup.....Again.....Ewwwwww...Thats NOT HOT FUDGE PEOPLE....Not too mention is just an insult to a sundae....Again JMHO

Its all down to your own personal tastes, based ono that, i would not recommomend trying it on the Destiny, cause if they make it correctly, your gonna get the same thing. It's not suposed to be fully cooked, hence the term "melting cake" and not just "cake".

Happy Cruising!

Loved it.....I think the little scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side breaks up the loads of choclate taste....I am making them for the holidays....I cant wait until my next cruise to have them so I hunted down how to make them....

A lot of people compare them to the Chocolate Lava cakes....it is the same concept....

I just love the choc. melting cake!!!! I had one every night in the dining room until it got to the point they didn't even ask me what i wanted for dessert!! They just brought it!! Can't wait until Feb 7th for my next one!!!!

Me too - just bring it to the table knowing I would want it. I don't even care what else is for dessert I want the chocolate melting cake. I only it on the cruise so it is a real treat and I get it every night. My DH is not that fond of it - he finds it way too sweet.

We love them as well. So much that we would grab one to share at the lido buffet before our 8pm dinner. I hope they are as good this time around on the Fantasy in January.

We just got off the Fantasy in November. No Choc Melting cake on the buffet. Which ship had it on the buffet?

I have read lots of posts raving about the chocolate melting cake ... but until now no one had really described what the cake was actually like! I already love cake like this - I have the recipe and have been making it for years!!!

After reading all the raves about Chocolate Melting Cake I had to order it for sure. I kept telling DH about it and so the first night in the dining room he said... I'm ordering it, you kept showing me pictures of it. I wish someone woulda taken pics of us trying it for the first time... I looked at our tablemates for their first bite... ohhhhhhhhhhhh man is that good!

I had it every night except once when I had to try the Bitter n Blanc... our waiters said... you sure?? I was sure... after I had the Bitter n Blanc I know why they questioned if I was sure... I didn't like it as much as the WCMC!!

I ordered 2 scoops of ice cream with the WCMC... it cuts down on the sweetness a bit. After the 2nd time I asked for extra ice cream... I got the extra without asking for it.... man I loved those guys and I can't wait for more WCMC!!!!

I just love the choc. melting cake!!!! I had one every night in the dining room until it got to the point they didn't even ask me what i wanted for dessert!! They just brought it!! Can't wait until Feb 7th for my next one!!!!

My sentiments exactly. But I want an order of Butter Pecan Ice cream.:p

I'm relieved to hear that we are not the only post-cruisers experiencing warm chocolate melting cake withdrawal... mmmmmmm

On the galley tour my hubby photographed the racks and racks of them waiting to be cooked in order to document them for posterity!

Thank God they are not readily available or we would gobble them up every single day (like we did on board)... we just got off the Valor and they did have them on the Lido deck in Rosie's every so often...

They are absolutely a highlight of the dining experience for us and we were sorely disappointed when we went to the Scarlett's steakhouse for our anniversary dinner and none of their desserts came close to it...

I'm drooling just thinking about it now....:p

hmmmmmmmmmmm 53 days till melting cake.......... good thing ive been starving for 8 months I will be able to afford all those extra calories.

I was warned last year cruises are fattening ........ I lost 12 lbs last cruise , I only ate fruit during the day so I could have everything at dinner :) I imagine trying to keep up with all the youngsters (disco etc) helped.

I embarrassed my family whenever I ordered one of these! I would remove it from the ramekin onto the plate and then put the ice cream on top of it. It made a huge mess, but it was awesome!!!

Hey, at least I didn't lick the plate!!:D

Archived