Tip Recomendations

• 1 month later...
What if the cruise ship is already charging me $22.00 per day ($11.00 each for 2 of us) for tips. Do I still tip ?

This is my first cruise.

Thanks.

Bill

NO

You can tip extra if you choose to people that may have done extra for you that is up to you

also mention them by name in the comment forms

Refresh my memory please, how much should we tip the gentlemen that take your bags at the port?

You could tip everyone who puts their hand out and there are plenty, but the guys at the ports moving your bags eight feet from your transportation to the luggage bin are Longshoremen and they make between $23 and $30 and hour without tips. So go ahead if you want to.

• Administrators
You could tip everyone who puts their hand out and there are plenty, but the guys at the ports moving your bags eight feet from your transportation to the luggage bin are Longshoremen and they make between $23 and $30 and hour without tips. So go ahead if you want to.

I make that decision based on how many steps it is from the person taking my bag (whatEVER their hourly rate is) to the open water into which they might accidentally drop my bag, or to the cart for the other cruise ship (the one not going where I am), etc. That $1-$2 has always seemed okay to me! :D

I make that decision based on how many steps it is from the person taking my bag (whatEVER their hourly rate is) to the open water into which they might accidentally drop my bag, or to the cart for the other cruise ship (the one not going where I am), etc. That $1-$2 has always seemed okay to me! :D

Now isn't that a sad, sad commentary, gotta worry about where your bags end up...Davey Jones Locker or on your Crusie Ship. Hmmm, what have we come to? Some people don't mind being threatened by Thugs. I guess I do. If I'm handing out $$$ I would rather my room steward or waiter get what the Thug would have got.

What if the cruise ship is already charging me $22.00 per day ($11.00 each for 2 of us) for tips. Do I still tip ?

This is my first cruise.

Thanks.

Bill

We also pick a bar on the ship that will be our "before/after" dinner drink bar. Even though the bar takes a 18% service charge per drink this is spread amoung all the bar staff. So I've found getting friendly with the bartender and palming a dollar or two while shaking his hand as I leave goes a LONG way towards good service. I don't know how many "free sample" drinks I've gotten and big smiles as we enter the bar but the "little extra" gets you a "lot of friendship". :D

Randall

Archived