Freedon of Seas illness....

sewer

:(Did anybody now what happened on board FOS upon his return yesterday at the port of Miami?..I understand that there was a red alert for new passengers because there were about 100 people sick from the returning cruise. Any commnts.....

'Tis the season for the "stomach" bug! Someone picks this virus up from their kid, doesn't know they have it until the cruise is underway, and BAM!--being highly contagious, a bunch of folks get it! Wherever large groups congregate, be it on a ship, in a school, a hotel, convention.....these viruses are passed around.

Yep, tis the season for the stomach bug. I came down with it late Thursday and was miserable with it all weekend - 2nd Thanksgiving in a row I've had the stomach bug without even being near a cruiseship.:rolleyes:

Hi Barbara: Sorry to hear you've got the bug. My DD had it last night all night. Didn't go near her or her house, but worried I might get it anyway. It's around. Hope it's before Voyager!! So I can get it over with.

Hope you're feeling in the pink soon!:D

I have not been on a ship in months, and I now have Noro. :mad:Courtesy of my grandson who brought it home from school, gave it to his parents and us.

Hope you feel better soon. I can highly recommend Nauzene for the nausea - this is what the pharmacist at Walgreen's recommended for me.

Just off the FOS on Sunday.

They did say there was a bug going around the ship. They stepped up the hand wipes at dinning areas and when you returned to the ship. They were always cleaning the handrails on the stairs.

They did a great job by being proactive while still making sure we enjoyed our cruise. We were lucky that we came home healthy and relaxed.

Great ship and crew.

Tom

Hi Barbara: Sorry to hear you've got the bug. My DD had it last night all night. Didn't go near her or her house, but worried I might get it anyway. It's around. Hope it's before Voyager!! So I can get it over with.

Hope you're feeling in the pink soon!:D

Thanks, I was able to eat toast today and keep it down. Drinking gingerale seems to help. I think by tomorrow I should be ok.

Hope you feel better soon. I can highly recommend Nauzene for the nausea - this is what the pharmacist at Walgreen's recommended for me.

When Phil went to our Pharmacy, he pushed ginger, if it gets worse I will send him out for that. But I feel a little better today. Thanks.

I am a school nurse. 458 k-5 kids. Today I sent home 5 with a stomach virus. Certainly not alarming but this is the time of year this illness kicks up. I am not at all impressed with 100 passengers out of 3000. It's a very small percentage.

Protect yourself by handwashing several times a day.

Arlene

:(Did anybody now what happened on board FOS upon his return yesterday at the port of Miami?..I understand that there was a red alert for new passengers because there were about 100 people sick from the returning cruise. Any commnts.....

Ok, three comments:

1. Hope everyone is feeling better!:)

2. I always think of ships as being "her", don't you?

3. Does anyone else find it funny the OP's name is Sewer?:eek::D

3. Does anyone else find it funny the OP's name is Sewer?:eek::D

Ha HA! I saw that when this was first posted and thought it was funny. I was tempted to make a smart remark, but it was early in the morning and I couldn't come up with anything worthy of ya'll.

Archived