I Just got off the Splendor and boy is it ugly

baf10

I just got off the Splendor and I have to say that it is the uggliest cruise ship I have ever been on. The pink zebra design is everywhere. On tons of walls and in every elevator. Next to the pink zebra are cheap black tiles. It was actually nausiating. Besides the ugly ship I had a great time. The food was fantastic. Lines were very long at the buffet lines. The grill was dissapointing as it now only has bugers and hot dogs. The Indian food is the back in fantastic. The kiids camp was great. My 2 and 4 year old had a great time. I was very surprised that I did not see anyone tip the camp counselors. I did give them a tip as they were great. What do most people do with tips at the kids camp?

Just responding your your question about tipping the Camp Carnival counselors... when I signed my son in on the last evening, I handed the counselor an envelope with cash inside and told her how wonderful they were that week.

Just responding your your question about tipping the Camp Carnival counselors... when I signed my son in on the last evening, I handed the counselor an envelope with cash inside and told her how wonderful they were that week.

What is typically given?

One other big thing is the roof was broken so it was never open.

I did not watch any movies but some where Spiderman 3, Bourne 3rd.

Every person I spoke to thought the ship was ugly.

Oh boy. Why do we keep hearing this? I know some loved it too, but we seem to keep hearing more negative than positive!!

I had read alot of negative reviews and i thought how bad can it be with the pink zebra? It was much worse. I am one that usually likes the loud Carnival ships

Oh boy. Why do we keep hearing this? I know some loved it too, but we seem to keep hearing more negative than positive!!

The answer is simple... People who believe that they had a negative experience are more prone to talk about it than folks who had a positive experience.

Ask ANYONE in marketing... A pleased customer will tell ten people. A dissatisfied customer will tell a hundred...

Only in reference to Carnival ships and acid trips will you hear people talk about pink zebras and purple worms and pink grapes. I'll have what Farcus is having.. ;)

I think they are smoking the same wacky backy that Clapton, Bruce and Baker were when they wrote most of the Cream classics. SWLABR anyone? - supposedly a mnemonic for She Was Like A Bearded Rainbow. Makes about as much sense as the Farcus craziness.

Only in reference to Carnival ships and acid trips will you hear people talk about pink zebras and purple worms and pink grapes. I'll have what Farcus is having.. ;)

Speaking of pink grapes I was on the first cruise of the Miracle out of Tampa. The lights in the dining room were horrible. But it didn't bother my cruise one bit.:D

The answer is simple... People who believe that they had a negative experience are more prone to talk about it than folks who had a positive experience.

Ask ANYONE in marketing... A pleased customer will tell ten people. A dissatisfied customer will tell a hundred...

Truer words have never been spoken! Although, as they say too, one persons garbage is anothers treasure and all that lol. While I love bright colors and all that...for some reason zebra type stripes or any of the wavy psychidelic (?sp) tend to make me dizzy then nauseated. Same with even a lot of movement in a video game even. And yep I do get car sick altho have had only one short exp of sea sickness..thank God for dramamine. Pink is one of those colors I think you either absolutely love it..or hate it. If that was the only negative and sounds like it was..was a great cruise as she seems to have loved the rest of her cruise.

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder...

I thought the ship was gorgeous...

I thought it was also, I couldn't stop taking pics of the atrium. You are on a cruise ship, not your living room at home, you are on vacation, you want white walls? It is FUN! Enjoy it and don't let those that say it is ugly turn you off. The sports bar was so neat, want to recreate at home. The robusto bar was very handsome, the lido was great and our room divine. OK????

LMAO!!!

Haven't been on the Splendor as yet but I have to admit that the Farcus 'thing' is getting old for me.

At least when I get back on the Miracle in August, the Grapes (aka SKITTLES) will be purple as opposed to the pink they used to be.

Pink Zebra???

Anyone have pictures??? Is it as gross as it sounds?

I just got off the Splendor and I have to say that it is the uggliest cruise ship I have ever been on. The pink zebra design is everywhere. On tons of walls and in every elevator. Next to the pink zebra are cheap black tiles. It was actually nausiating. Besides the ugly ship I had a great time. The food was fantastic. Lines were very long at the buffet lines. The grill was dissapointing as it now only has bugers and hot dogs. The Indian food is the back in fantastic. The kiids camp was great. My 2 and 4 year old had a great time. I was very surprised that I did not see anyone tip the camp counselors. I did give them a tip as they were great. What do most people do with tips at the kids camp?

What type of tiles were they? What made them cheap? The materials? the quality of the finish?

Have there ever been a buffet without lines on a cruise ship? :rolleyes:

(thats why I eat lunch a little later than noon to avoid the longer line)

As for tipping the camp counselors- we've asked them if they wanted international phone cards or gifts, and they have told us no, since their rooms are so small and they would rather have cash. Then, we asked does the person we give the money to take it all? Or the person who was with our child the most? And they said all the cash is put together from the cruise and they split it. Of course, this might not be the same rule from evey counselor, or every ship, but thats what they told us a couple cruises ago, so we just go with that.

If our son doesnt go to any dinners, or very few, and if he has been no extra hassle to the room steward, (like having to put in the little bed, or open the bunks every night) we MIGHT take off a little of his share of the automatic tips and give that to the counselors. If we really like the wait staff and room steward, we dont take anything off, and just give them some additonal tip cash. This last cruise, we had the best Maitre D ever, so we spent more on extra tips then ever before!

Archived