Disembarktion, RCCL Transfer to Airport, and Self-Portage off the Ship?

Since we have the package that includes the RCCL transfer back to the airport, will we have any problems taking our own bags off the ship, or would they go directly to a bus transfer section rather than a place where we would pick them up ourselves and take them to the transfer point?

I've been reading that disembarktion can be hectic and a bit disorganized, so I'm not sure whether to let them take our bags, or if we should just do it ourselves. Which way would be easier? I just don't know what to expect. Since we're in a Jr. Suite, does that help us in any way? Thanks.

Whether you do self embarking or not, you would have to get your luggage to go through customs. Then meet the transfer bus! RC does not put your luggage on the tranfer bus or store it somewhere to put on the bus. You do, after retreiving it!

Whether you do self embarking or not, you would have to get your luggage to go through customs. Then meet the transfer bus! RC does not put your luggage on the tranfer bus or store it somewhere to put on the bus. You do, after retreiving it!

That makes sense...I should have figured that out myself. :o

Okay, so how about which is easier, letting RCCL take your luggage and you have to find it, or take it off yourself, but have to manuver it around what could be loads of people?

Well , if you carry off your own luggage, you will have to do the Early ( 6am-6:30) embarkation. All carry offs, leave the ship 1st. If you have loads of luggage it won't work!

I always let them take my luggage and find it myself in the luggage holding area. Why get off the Ship 6:30 am and sit outside for the bus for a few hours! The bus don't leave until it's full!

Good Luck!

Let them do it---just because YOU lug your stuff off the ship in record time, doesn't mean you'll leave earlier! You still have to wait for the rest of the passengers to get their bags. Why risk a hernia? Let RCI get your bags downstairs. You will pick them up, head thru customs, and hit the bus, with everyone else.

Thank you! I didn't realize that carry-offs had to leave so early. I'm sure that whatever time our tags will be for, it will still be early, so if it gets us an extra hour, that's great. It makes sense that the bus won't leave till it's full, and since our flight isn't until after 1 pm, I'm figure we'll have plenty of time to get to the airport. You all are very helpful!

Archived