Help!? Nativeway...

Coloradomedic

I rushed off the Conquest back in July to make the meeting time and we ended up waiting quite a bit for the 'slowpokes' so don't go insane trying to be first off the ship. But do try to get off the ship ASAP so you don't hold up the ones who did make it quickly.

I did the RRR tour and LOVED it. I'm thinking about booking it again just because it was so good. We got back in plenty of time, and they even dropped us off right in Georgetown for shopping. I shopped, left my camera in the Harley store, got in the tender line, realized I forgot my camera, ran back to the Harley store and back to the pier, and still made it. Yes, I was on the last tender and yes, I was terrified. But I made it. So, considering I had time for the RRR tour, shopping, and all the other meshugass (idiocy) :o I wouldn't worry too much about making the tender.

Just don't do what I did. Whew...

Cadcow,

How long did it take you to get off the Ruby since it is a tender and you didnt book your excursions directly with princess? I am thinking of doing this excursion also

It didn't take as much time as we had planned. We figured an hour in case the lines were long but we ashore in about 30 minutes tops! It was about 10-15 minutes of waiting and the short ride over in the tender. There were probably about 5 tenders running.

I e-mailed them on the 3rd to book a tour for May 2nd and haven't heard back from them yet. I am thinking I should e-mail again.:confused:

After reading the reviews I am very excited about this excursion. We have been in the Caymans before but did 7 mile beach, Turtle farm and town of Hell. This will be the first time for the rays and snorkeling.

I appreciate when CC members report back on the tours - it sure helps the rest of us make plans! Thanks!

I want to book the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel with Nativeway, but I am concerned about the time zone situation. I am going on Voyager of the Seas and we'll be there March 4, 2009. The ship ports at 10:00, and the excursions starts at 11:15 eastern time. My question is: What time zone does the ship use? The ship could be on central time, which would put me there at 11:00 eastern. Please, help me! :confused: Reading all these great reviews about nativeway makes me excited to use them, I just hope I can make it there on time.

Thank you

If you do end up taking this tour, can you please post a review? We are scheduled to do it on March 23 cruise. . .

I booked via the phone for July but still havent received a confirmation. how long to get the email confirmation? They took my CC info on the phone too.

Hummmmmmm..... I wonder what is up.

I booked with their on line form on the 8th and haven't heard back.

Previously I e-mailed on the 3rd and didn't hear from them so that is why I did the booking form on the 8th.

I am sure they are getting into the "busy" season but it is good business practice to return e-mailed and booking promptly.

Keep me posted and if you want I will do the same.

We did Rays, Reefs and Rum Point with NativeWay last month and would definitely recommend it. The snorkeling was excellent, the rays are out on a sandbar and you get to spend a nice amount of time with them and Rum Point is gorgeous (even in the rain). The food was very good and a nice variety to chose from. On the way back we stopped to look at starfish in the water and the guide brought one up for us to hold - which was a nice photo op. (The photographer wanted $50 for a disk with a half dozen pics of us with the stingrays, which we thought was a little overpriced.) We had an awesome day!

For those of you who have done this tour - did you bring your own snorkeling gear? I know they will provide it, but just wondering.

We did the R,R&R tour three years ago and just booked it again for our March cruise on the Valor. Since we snorkel at almost every port we visit, we bring our own mask & snorkel. However,we leave the fins at home as they take up too much room.

Besides, even though I know they're sanitized, there's something just a little skeevey about putting a used snorkel in my mouth.

We did rays, reef, and rum point last week with Nativeway.

We did hurry to get off the boat then ended up waiting quite a while for others to show up. We had a very small group, 10 total. Nativeway provides the snorkel equipment. That was our family's favorite activity. We did not think to take snorkel gear with us as we got off at Rum point. The boat pulled away from the dock after making sure we got our food so we just walked around and enjoyed the beautiful landscape. It did rain, really hard, and there was barely any place to go to get completely out of the rain. Everyone was soaked and slightly chilled so we got the drivers attention and we all agreed to head back a bit early.

The food at Rum Point was good, hot, and was ready for us as we came in. Great service all around.

The only real down side was the stingray portion. We were a bit disappointed as we had snorkeled in the area before and had better interaction with the rays. We only had a few stingrays come near us as there were many other tour boats, packed full, and the rays went where there were more people, more people equals more potential food to them I quess.

We had a person shooting photos, Emma, think I paid $25 for 3, she will mail us the DVD, hope I get it soon. She was very knowledgeable about the rays and snorkeling in general, we really enjoyed our visit with her.

Overall it was a great excursion! Would do this again with Nativeway without hesitation!

Our ship is there 7am to 3pm. The rr&r excursion thru native ways says you will be back at the dock by 2:15.....do you think we will be ok?

I suppose it all depends on when you're supposed to be back on the ship, or at least back in the tender line. Don't most cruise lines expect you back an hour before the ship is due to leave port? If that's the case, this tour probably won't work out.

Our ship is there 7am to 3pm. The rr&r excursion thru native ways says you will be back at the dock by 2:15.....do you think we will be ok?

Email Sharon at Native Way to let her know. I had the same issue, and she guaranteed me that we would make it back to our ship in time. But you need to make her aware of the timing issue.

Archived