Help!? Nativeway...

Coloradomedic

I have never done this tour (1st time to grand caymen). I just sent the booking form for RR&R for July. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Ok sent booking slip yesterday, around 5:00, got response this morning by the time I got on the computer, around 8:00.

I used the booking form on the website on Thursday asking for a private Island Tour and Stingray trip. Got a quote on Friday morning, agreed to the terms later that day, and received instructions on Saturday (yesterday) on how to finalize the transaction.

I researched reviews here, on TripAdvisor, and other places.

I'll post a review when I return March 8th. I am platinum, so should be able to get tendered quickly, I hope!

I just booked Rays, Reef and Rum tour for April. They emailed me back within 24 hours. According to our confirmation, their time is 1 hour different than the ship time. I'm looking forward to going after reading all the great reviews. Hopefully the time difference won't be too confusing!

• 2 weeks later...

I understand Nativeway gives you the option of being dropped off at 7 mile beach, but where do they drop you off? Is it up to you, or do they have a designated spot where they drop off their passengers? If so, where do they usually drop ppl off?

Lunch was excellent. I was very impressed with the freshness and quality. I did the RRR tour in November. It was the highlight of the cruise.

my suggestion would be to order a plate with pork, beans and rice it was HUGE and delicious and then order an appetizer...we had 2 plates of food and couldnt eat even one!! and man those appetizers looked yummY!!!

We are considering taking our sons with us on the RR&R excursion. Can I feel comfortable taking the six year old.

Does he like the water? Is he a swimmer? They really do a nice job with children. They include them and try to make them as comfortable as possible without pushing them to do something they are uncomfortable with.

I say go for it if he is comfortable in the water.

I love this tour so much that I have done it twice. If you want to see some pictures, check out our reviews.

My written review - http://www.trekeo.com/rays-reef-rum-point-tour-grand-cayman/

Scot's video review - http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/21/188/Rays2CReefandRumPointTour/280085

Great and very helpful reviews. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done the Stingray and Island tour with Nativeway? I would love to hear from anyone who's done this with them. And as for 7-mile beach, did you actaully get to spend time there? Since there's so much to do on this tour I think it would be great for our family. Thanks!

We are in Grand Cayman on Wednesday May 6th. We want to do the RRR tour with Nativeway. I am slightly confused about the times.

Here are our port times:

Wed, May 6Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands TenderArrive 7:00 AM Depart 4:00 PM

Here are the tour times:

9:30am Eastern Time - 2:15pm Eastern Time (Wednesdays only)

Will this work?:confused::confused:

Hello everyone!! To all who have concerns I offer the following:

I have booked the RRR tour with Nativeway 2 times in the last 4 years and IT IS BY FAR OUR FAVORITE EXCURSION OF ALL our cruises, and we have been on many lol... Sharon, Chris and Charlie are the absolute best tour guides you can ask for. I have booked it a 3rd time as we will be in GC on the Pride in April. Cant waittt!!

Do not be concerned about the time issue, (i remember the first time we went with them, sitting in "rush hour traffic" trying to get get back to the pier to tender, and everyone in the Van was panicking! I think back now how scared we were that we would all miss the last tender and TRUST ME - we STILL stood in line when we got back to the pier!! The 2nd time we booked the tour, we just kinda sat back and chuckled because everyone was freaking out arround us and we knew better lol....

Rum Point is exquisite, the most beautiful beach you will ever encounter. The food you pre-order while at Stingray City, (they call it in, for you after they take everyones order) is waiting for you when you arrive, HOT, DELICIOUS and PLENTIFUL!!! We order the Fish and Chips every time and it is scrumptious. There are showers and a great gift shop for postcards, magnets, t-shirts etc there as well as a terrific bar with great frozen drinks. A little pricey, (about $8 USD) but worth it after being out in the sun all day.

Considering how expensive everything is in the Caymans, $60/pp is well worth every penny for all that you get. The first time, we ordered the DVD of the entire day, (underwater filming and all!) It was exceptional. Again, well worth the price to bring home and show family and friends. The 2nd time, we didnt buy the Video but bought the pictures, another great souvenir!

I have nothing but great things to say about Chris and Charlie, they really show u a good time and theres never any unanticipated problems. They do an excellent job. I cant wait, my ship sails in 13 days, 15 days til we get to GC and even tho we've done it twice already we cant wait to do it AGAIN!!!

Hope this helps put some of your concerns to rest!!!! Happy Sailing!!

I don't see how you could...we were back with over an hour to spare before the last tender was supposed to leave. They are very aware of the time. Plus the tender line was ridiculously long, at least it was for the Conquest...I think it would be pretty hard to miss it.

I'm fairly nervous about booking through a private company...has anyone ever missed the last tender after being on this excursion? I would hate to miss the boat!

Has anyone done this with small children? We will have an 8, 5 and 18 month old. I know the website says there are no age requirements but has anyone seen kids this age on this type of excursion? Thanks!

We're trying to decide between NativeWays, Captain Marvins and Moby Dick for our family as well, our kids will be 10, 6 and almost 2 when we go. I've heard CM sometimes overbooks and has alot of people and I've read that MB offers kids sized equipment...can anyone confirm any of this and also lmk how NW does with children?

• 4 weeks later...

For those who may want to know about the stingray, snorkel, and starfish island tour with nativeway this is my mini-review of it. When we arrived at GC, we had about 30 minutes to spare so we looked at some of the shops. We then took a bus ride to the bay where our boat was located, which was about a 10 minute ride. The boat first went to stingray city and was about 30 minute ride there, maybe 35 minutes. GC is a beautiful island, so the ride there is fun in itself. The stingrays are obviously the highlight of the tour. We have never done this before, and it was a lot of fun. Everyone was having a great time!! The next stop was about a 20-30 minute snorkel stop, which is always fun, but nothing special about the reef. The starfish island part was pretty much nothing. Everyone stayed in the boat, and they brought up some HUGE starfish, and we all held them and took pictures with them. The ride back was a little shorter maybe b/c the 2nd and 3rd stops were on the way back. We had a few hours to spare, and we had them drop us off at calico jacks on 7 mile beach. BTW, this was the most beautiful beach/water we have ever seen in person. It was a great day, and I can't wait to go back to grand cayman.

Hope this helps :)

Archived