Help!? Nativeway...

Coloradomedic

We used Nativeway tours for our excursion in Grand Cayman last week. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour, and had a great time. Our guides were wonderful, treated us like gold, and made sure that everyone had a great time.

$65 per person for transportation to and from the ship, snorkling, playing with the stingrays, and lunch at Rum Point Beach is a very sensible deal. We went with myself, my wife, brother, and two teens (14,15). I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Grand Caymen. :D

Thank you for the positive reviews. We plan to be there next week and we are doing the same excursion w/Nativeway. Sounds like a great day!!

Did they take photos to sell while you were with the stingrays? Just wondering.

Please give me any info you think might be helpful.

THANK YOU! Kathy

we were in the caymans last year and this excursion became our all time favorite. 1st of all they don't overbook so you are 1 of 45 people on the boat.

swimming with the rays is an awesome experience and yes they take pictures of you and yes you can buy them and yes we did:D

then you go snorkeling over a reef....but by far my favorite part of the day was our stop at RUM POINT. prior to your arrival there...you are given a menu and lunch is ordered for you. when you arrive.....your lunch is waiting. food is delicious and the menu is varied.

but let me tell you about rum point.......ya know the corona beer commercials? well if they aren't filmed here this place has a twin:)

has to be in my top 3 most gorgeous beaches. you will LOVE this excursion....if i were going back to the caymans...i would do it again.

Yes, they had a guy on the boat and he jumped in with us and took pics. He had a computer and made a disk for us. They were a bit pricey. $30 for like 3 pics. Cash only for him. The boat takes cards for the cost of the tour.

Lucnh was waiting at reserved tables at rum point. The jeck pork was very good.

Rum point is very nice.

Enjoy.

Tom

I want to book the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel with Nativeway, but I am concerned about the time zone situation. I am going on Voyager of the Seas and we'll be there March 4, 2009. The ship ports at 10:00, and the excursions starts at 11:15 eastern time. My question is: What time zone does the ship use? The ship could be on central time, which would put me there at 11:00 eastern. Please, help me! :confused: Reading all these great reviews about nativeway makes me excited to use them, I just hope I can make it there on time.

Thank you

We used Nativeway tours for our excursion in Grand Cayman last week. We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour, and had a great time. Our guides were wonderful, treated us like gold, and made sure that everyone had a great time.

$65 per person for transportation to and from the ship, snorkling, playing with the stingrays, and lunch at Rum Point Beach is a very sensible deal. We went with myself, my wife, brother, and two teens (14,15). I would recommend this tour to anyone going to Grand Caymen. :D

We were with Nativeway on 11/25, too. I know they ran two boats that day. Chris was our tour guide. Before we left the marina, they had about 6-8 people get on our boat because their other boat was rather crowded, and we were told the more crowded boat was a ship sponsored excursion with Princess. We were a group of 10 and paid $58 pp but booked privately even though we were on the Ruby Princess.

It was a great tour and the staff was wonderful!

I want to book the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel with Nativeway, but I am concerned about the time zone situation. I am going on Voyager of the Seas and we'll be there March 4, 2009. The ship ports at 10:00, and the excursions starts at 11:15 eastern time. My question is: What time zone does the ship use? The ship could be on central time, which would put me there at 11:00 eastern. Please, help me! :confused: Reading all these great reviews about nativeway makes me excited to use them, I just hope I can make it there on time.

Thank you

I called Royal Caribbean. They told me that the ship adjusts its time to correspond with the port you're at on that day. I called a second time and spoke with someone else and they confirmed this info. I booked the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel with Nativeway. I can't wait.

I called Royal Caribbean. They told me that the ship adjusts its time to correspond with the port you're at on that day. I called a second time and spoke with someone else and they confirmed this info. I booked the Stingray Sandbar, Coral Gardens and Star Fish Snorkel with Nativeway. I can't wait.

Welcome to CC and in case you didn't know, the roll call for your specific sailing is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=733418 . You can say hello and start chatting with fellow cruisers. Enjoy your cruise!

I too am having a problem getting a response from Nativeway. Is there some secret? Should I jsut email them versus using their on-line form? We are going to be there next Thursday - should I just book an excursion with someone else?

I too am having a problem getting a response from Nativeway. Is there some secret? Should I jsut email them versus using their on-line form? We are going to be there next Thursday - should I just book an excursion with someone else?

Well, I just did the on-line form and they sent me a confirmation I think 2 days later. I then faxed them my cc #.

We were with Nativeway on 11/25, too. I know they ran two boats that day. Chris was our tour guide. Before we left the marina, they had about 6-8 people get on our boat because their other boat was rather crowded, and we were told the more crowded boat was a ship sponsored excursion with Princess. We were a group of 10 and paid $58 pp but booked privately even though we were on the Ruby Princess.

do you have any idea how many were on the "other" crowded boat? We are booking our CC Conquest tour with them on 12/24 and so far we have 33 people on board, wonder if we will get split up as well? as we have several other's that still want to come making our total closer to 40!:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Where can we change our swim wear? Are we supposed to put on the swimsuit on the cruise ship or they have a changing room on the boat? And what about changing the wet swim wear after the tour?

Thanks

we wore our off the ship, but there is a TINY bathroom to change in.....and then at RUM point there are showers and place to change, that was really nice!

you will have a BLAST!!! We just got back yesterday from our cruise!

Cadcow,

How long did it take you to get off the Ruby since it is a tender and you didnt book your excursions directly with princess? I am thinking of doing this excursion also

I also have booked this tour with Nativeway and got a response back almost immediately after booking it. However, I am a bit nervous about getting there on time and making it back to the ship on time. The tour runs 9:00 to 2:15. We are on the Freedom of the Seas, and the ship is supposed to arrive in GC at 8:00, and we have to get a tender to the port. I guess we could be one of the first ones off and make it on time, but I'm more concerned about getting back to our ship on time, which leaves at 4:00. Don't we have to back on the ship by a certain time? Sharon Ebanks (who runs Nativeway) says she "guarantees" you get back on time. Any comments?

I also have booked this tour with Nativeway and got a response back almost immediately after booking it. However, I am a bit nervous about getting there on time and making it back to the ship on time. The tour runs 9:00 to 2:15. We are on the Freedom of the Seas, and the ship is supposed to arrive in GC at 8:00, and we have to get a tender to the port. I guess we could be one of the first ones off and make it on time, but I'm more concerned about getting back to our ship on time, which leaves at 4:00. Don't we have to back on the ship by a certain time? Sharon Ebanks (who runs Nativeway) says she "guarantees" you get back on time. Any comments?

We just did this tour on December 24th. Sharon was great. We got on the first tender and made it in plenty of time. She leaves no man behind, she even waited on two late comer's and drove them in her car to meet us at the boat. We had more than enough time to get back to the pier. Usually when they say "last tender leaves at xxx time" you will have a line lasting about 30 minutes, since you are not the only ship in port they only have a few tender boats for each cruise ship. We didnt feel rushed or anything....they would cut your time shorter at Rum Point before they would rush you back to the ship......NO WORRIES MON!!:D

I can't agree more. This was one of the best excursions ever. The guides were wonderful and even dove down and brought up a couple huge starfish for all of us to see. The food was great and the beach was beautiful!

The fresh catch of the day was Superb and my hubby got the Jerk Pork meal and it was tons of food, came with red beans and rice and corn on the cob...you could get this meal and share it and still have an appetizer! that is what I would do next time.

They have to set up parameters for meeting and end times; so everyone will get moving and get off the ship! As soon as the ship clears customs or sooner (don't wait to hear the annouancement), go down to the gangway for boarding the tenders. You should be able to get off.

Make sure you remind the driver you want to be back at the pier by 2:30PM and stay on ship time if that is what your ship adheres to. Lines to reboard the tenders will be long, but don't worry, they will get you back in time.

Nativeway is a good tour provider.

Bon Voyage

Archived