Just booked my 30th!

storm'n norman

on the Carnival Glory on 19th February 2005!

It's not every-day when you reach another "milestone" in one's cruising life with your 30th under your belt - and that doesn't include the 6 on RCCL and another 6 on Princess = making a TOTAL of 42 cruises - ALL since 1995!!!

This will be my 2nd time on the Glory in 6 months - and again I'll be cruising with my mate John Heald - this time on his "pre-pre" retirement cruise contract!!!

Anyway............Congratulations to me!!!

Anyone catching up or ahead of me with cruise numbers and time-frame?

Congratulations, Norman! Am I correct that you are sailing on the Glory 11/27? If this is your first time on the Glory, you will love sailing on her. We did the Western Caribbean a year ago and are coming back to do the Eastern itinerary. If you are sailing 11/27, do you know has anyone organized a meet and greet for Cruise Critic members on that cruise? Everyone on the Cruise Critic board has been so helpful, I'd like to actually meet some of them in person. Congratulations again and happy sailing.

Joanne Stecher :)

You will be getting on the ship...the day DH and I are getting off of a back to back. Hey...did I read your post right. John Herald will still be the CD in Feb.? I thought he was retiring...or at least going to another ship. Well this may finally be my chance to see what all the fuss is about. Now I have something else to look forward to!

CaribbeanCrazy

I'm sorry, too! The members of this board (you in particular) have provided me with a wealth of information. I am really looking forward to cruising with John Heald. I have heard so many great things. We had Greg Kneale as our CD last year. Enjoy your 30th cruise!

Joanne :)

JH will be returning to the Glory on February 12 2005 for an 8 week cruise contract.............as part of his "pre-pre retirement cruise contract"! Then he will take a short break before bringing out the Liberty in June/July for a few months...........and THEN............Who knows!!!

Thanks for the update storm'n norman!

It looks like we will have two different CD's on our back to back. JH will be the CD on our second week. Do you know who will be the CD for the week of 2-5? I kind of like the idea of experiencing two different CD's. It makes things a little more interesting. I have been on several B to B's and by the second week a person can get real tired of listening to the same CD doing the same jokes...same routines etc. I know...I know....the jokes and routines will probably be the same regardless of who the CD is....but it will be nice to have two different personalitiles performing them! Although...if what I have read about JH is true....and he is as funny and personable as everyone says he is....I may wish that we did have him for both weeks!!!

Can't Wait!!!!

CaribbeanCrazy

Well congrats on your milestone, Norman! I'm sure you know that the Glory is a beautiful ship ~ you'll have a great time.

Why not make it #31 with Phizer and I (and the Big Cats), on the Miracle on September 18th?

I'm SO jealous, mate! :p

xoxo Cheeky

We have been booked on this cruise for months. After reading about John Heald and Storm'n Norman for the past few years, yesterday I find we finally get to meet both on the same cruise. John always got off the ship we were getting on just weeks before we sailed on them. And Corey always got on. Three cruises, three with Corey.

We're down to a two digit count-down as of today! (But who's counting...ME!)

Archived