balcony for 3-when can i book third person

i booked a balcony cabin for 3 and it is just for me and hubby. my son is hoping to come but won't know until about day before christmas. we are sailing jan. 18 on the voyager. how late can i book him in my room? we have sailed rccl numerous times before and he already has passport (although not needed).

It depends on whether the ship has reached capacity. If it hasn't reached capacity, you should be able to add up until around 72 hours before the cruise. But if it's reached maximum capacity, then you can't add anyone to your room at all.

The ships have a maximum capacity that is less than the number of berths onboard. So even though you have that 3rd bed available in your stateroom, if the ship has reached maximum capacity, they can't allow you to book anyone into it.

Depends on how full the ship is. They can cut off third person availability at any time once they reach capacity limits.

Yes, this is true. Even if your room holds three people, the ship has a cut-off point that is considered maximum capacity. If the ship reaches that number, no additional people may be added even if your stateroom is designed to hold additional people.

I believe that if you add someone to your cabin, if the current going cabin price is more it will increase the cost to the other original 2 passengers. Hopefully someone else can verify this.

We just did this exact thing for our Mariner cruise in October. It was originally booked for me and my sister. At a later date another sister found she was able to join us. The original cabin price stayed the same even though it had gone up substantially since we booked.

Archived