My Mariner Blog

cruzndiz

Okay, so I decided to do a Blog on my Regent Seven Seas Mariner January cruise because there are so few Regent postings on these boards..... it isn't "full" yet because the cruise hasn't happened (LOL) but save the link if you want to know all things Mariner!

http://rsscmarinersoutherncaribbean.blogspot.com/

Hi,

Good stuff !! Already lined-up in my favourites! We're on that vessel for a B2B Sydney-LAX late November 2009.

Thank you so much for the chance to track her down....:)

By the way....quite a ''jump'' , NCL in 2008 to Regent 2009....:eek:

I supposed you decided to bypass RCCL, Princess, HAL & Celebrity on the way from ''down there'' to ''up here''.... ( my opinion, of course....lol ):rolleyes:

Cheers

Thanks Claude for my chuckle of the day :D

As Joel said in "Risky Business", sometimes you just gotta say What The ___!! So I figured if I was going to upgrade, I was gonna do it all the way!

Just checked your new blog and it looks great. I've been doing pre-cruise and post cruise blogs for a few years now. I try to do the highlights of the ship and each port pre-cruise. I've found it helps me and my DH to learn something about each place we#'e visiting before we get there, and to have a plan once we arrive. I post maps, links and things we hope to do.

The post cruise usually consists of quite a few photos we took, some tips on how we got around, where we ate, shopped, etc, and the ship itself. I have found that for me it works best to start with the ship, then go port by port, day by day for both pre and post.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Rachel: I did put in the link to Geoff's blog; don't know if you had a chance to check it out. I sent him an e-mail asking if it was okay....he never said "no" so I'm taking that as a "yessirree bob!"

• 2 weeks later...

Just read on your blog what you do to get ready for the cruise and what your husband does--oh so true. Not complaining, but wouldn't it be great to be a guy for just a while! Loved that part about reminding your son that the cat needs to eat every day. We have had that issue too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can someone explain why there are so many posts here that are NOT cruise blogs or websites??? How could this thread possibly be so horribly misconstrued by so many posters???

I think that most people who post here with questions or suggestions that have nothing to do with blogs and web sites are not familiar with the forum.

When you first open the CC Forum this is the first topic you see. So why not post here instead of going on to where it really belongs? Hence, they are 'moved'.

I like the idea of your on-going blog while traveling at sea. Can you add a few comments about how you do this? Your own laptop, internet connections, etc.

Can someone explain why there are so many posts here that are NOT cruise blogs or websites??? How could this thread possibly be so horribly misconstrued by so many posters???
I think that most people who post here with questions or suggestions that have nothing to do with blogs and web sites are not familiar with the forum...

Yes, if you notice most are new members and most are their first posts. Apparently, they do not read the little box above with the rules for this forum or read the Sticky thread titled Posts moved to where and why? to fully understand this forum's purpose. I move them or post a reply to gently send them on their way with information about how Cruise Critic works. But then... it is "job security" for this unpaid volunteer "position"!!

Just my Money_2_cents_prv.gif...

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started new blog.....not in the entertainment phase yet ;)....but it is educational if someone is interested in cruising through the Panama Canal my latest entry is an "easy-reader" detail of just how the amazing thing works!

Archived