Deck Plan Error Solstice & Equinox Vista Deck??

sddiver

It has been noted on other threads that the Deck Plans for Vista Deck 8000 series of rooms is some how off. Compared to other decks the colors depicting the class of cabins appears shifted one cabin forward of where they should be. The angle cabins (premium) on the port side of the hump have 8251 as a 1A while it has a standard balcony size and 8259 is a 2A with a much larger balcony. This conflicts with how all the other decks are organized. It is the same when you go forward to 8197, 8199 and 8201.

Does anyone know if the colors are wrong? Or are the cabin numbers wrong?

If someone ( me ) booked a particular cabin and arrived to find out they had another because the plan was wrong they ( I ) would not be pleased.

Thanks

Rich

Rich, I have probably posted more about this than anyone, and last week while aboard had hoped to get to the truth. I got too busy looking at other cabins early on embarkation day, and so can only tell you that I am still confused, as the connecting cabin pairs on the starboard side (8232-34, etc) are correct in the corridor. But 8232 appears to have a larger balcony and wouldn't seem to match up. I'll be aboard again in February and will try to get insided this time.

I'm interested in this as well. We are currently booked in 8234 which is a 1B cabin which is supposedly a connecting room with a standard balcony.

I notice that 8255 is available which is a 1A. It is on the angle and am wondering if it does in fact have a larger balcony and if the fact that it is forward of the hump will make it windier and will it affect our view below us towards the water?

Also the diagram shows a sofa bed in 8255 but a sofa bed and upper bearth in 8234 but both are capable of accomodating 4 persons?

Thanks.

Ron

Ron, where are you seeing symbols for 3 & 4 berths on the Vista Deck 8? All of the plans I've looked are just showing double occupancy only. No extra berths.

The actual location of 8255 should be where it shows 8257 on the deck plans.

It has been noted on other threads that the Deck Plans for Vista Deck 8000 series of rooms is some how off. Compared to other decks the colors depicting the class of cabins appears shifted one cabin forward of where they should be. The angle cabins (premium) on the port side of the hump have 8251 as a 1A while it has a standard balcony size and 8259 is a 2A with a much larger balcony. This conflicts with how all the other decks are organized. It is the same when you go forward to 8197, 8199 and 8201.

Does anyone know if the colors are wrong? Or are the cabin numbers wrong?

If someone ( me ) booked a particular cabin and arrived to find out they had another because the plan was wrong they ( I ) would not be pleased.

Thanks

Rich

We are booked on the Equinox and have cabin 8259. We paid a Cat 1B price for it. If it is marked in correctly in the diagrams, Celebrity honored the 1B price. The only reason that I can think of that it might be categorized as a 1B is that is shows that it's a connecting cabin.

Morris,

Hopefully someone on board or soon to be on board will let us know what the reality is. If we are correct in our assumption that the numbers are off, the room you have 8259 may actually be located where 8261 is shown on the diagram. If not, then you got a great deal on potentially one of the biggest balconey's on board, If we are correct you get what you paid for.

Rich

Thanks,

Please check out 8199, it should be the most forward cabin where the ship narrows(angled balcony) well forward of the "hump" If it is the second cabin, the numbers are off on the deck plan.

Thanks

Rich

So as I see it this ( 8199) is the most forward angled balcony so are the numbers right?

I spoke with a Celebrity agent who checked with the Resolutions desk..

they say that 8259 is indeed an angled balcony..they think only the colors are off not the rooms..so they say 8253, 55, 57 and 59 are the angled cabins,,,

As signman told us they may not really know but that was their report...

we really need someone who was actually in one of those cabins to set the record straight..

Sorry folks but links to and mentions of agencies that sell cruises is not permitted per Cruise Critic guidelines. I understand the need to know answers to these questions (and I'd be delighted to get on the ship and personally check it out but that won't be until March) but please don't link to other agencies.

THANKS!

I'm not sure what happend since this morning but I did see a larger deck plan that was very helpful to me.

Anne... while you were on board with the open item for these bump and angled cabins already asked by me, my specific inquiry was not answered directly but others were...`so in case I missed it, did you get a chance to look at the humps and angeled cabins while on board, or is this common question about humps left to future cruisers?

Hi Finely ~ I did get to see several hump cabins while I was on board. Unfortunately, I didn't get the cabin numbers so I can't determine the the answer to the OPs question here. But I can say that all of the angled hump cabins have bigger balconies. The cabins that make up the outer part (or flat part of the hump) are regular-sized balconies. Only the angled cabins have larger balconies.

I took several photos from below that show how the angled cabins are larger....but I couldn't tell you what the cabin numbers are. If anyone would like to see the photos, please drop me an email and I'll be happy to email them to you. I haven't had a moment to get my Maiden Voyage photos organized and posted to a site for viewing (my mom has been with us since we returned and now we have additional family in for the holidays).

If I didn't answer your question, please let me know.

Hi Finely ~ I did get to see several hump cabins while I was on board. Unfortunately, I didn't get the cabin numbers so I can't determine the the answer to the OPs question here. But I can say that all of the angled hump cabins have bigger balconies. The cabins that make up the outer part (or flat part of the hump) are regular-sized balconies. Only the angled cabins have larger balconies.

I took several photos from below that show how the angled cabins are larger....but I couldn't tell you what the cabin numbers are. If anyone would like to see the photos, please drop me an email and I'll be happy to email them to you. I haven't had a moment to get my Maiden Voyage photos organized and posted to a site for viewing (my mom has been with us since we returned and now we have additional family in for the holidays).

If I didn't answer your question, please let me know.

Anne thanks....I on my daughter's PC this morning. My MAC is acting up and is going in for service. I will email you separately for the photos when I have an address that is 'mine'. Your pictures just might hold some of the clues we are looking for.

Wow, and her I was thnking just a few dotted days here and there with family was plenty....:o

Thanks again!

Morris,

Hopefully someone on board or soon to be on board will let us know what the reality is. If we are correct in our assumption that the numbers are off, the room you have 8259 may actually be located where 8261 is shown on the diagram. If not, then you got a great deal on potentially one of the biggest balconey's on board, If we are correct you get what you paid for.

Rich

Back from 12/21 sailing and checked out #8259 because question was asked about that specific one. #8259 is a connecting cabin with a standard-sized balcony. #8259 on the deck plan should be located where #8261 is or where #7221 is one deck below.

#8257 is on the angle with the large balcony, correctly priced as 1A, and the equal to our cabin #7241. In other words on deck 8, visually jog cabin numbers and connecting doors one aft, but the category levels/prices are correct.

btw, our balcony was about 14' deep on right and 11' deep left. Our "pair" cabin, 7243 was 11' deep on right and about 8' on left.

The first cabin on the hump with a standard balcony is about 6 1/2' deep, so the #8259 balcony is about 8' wide and 6 1/2' deep. #8259 & #8261 connect. Will post a good deck plan detail of this when have photos downloaded.

Back from 12/21 sailing and checked out #8259 because question was asked about that specific one. #8259 is a connecting cabin with a standard-sized balcony. #8259 on the deck plan should be located where #8261 is or where #7221 is one deck below.

#8257 is on the angle with the large balcony, correctly priced as 1A, and the equal to our cabin #7241. In other words on deck 8, visually jog cabin numbers and connecting doors one aft, but the category levels/prices are correct.

btw, our balcony was about 14' deep on right and 11' deep left. Our "pair" cabin, 7243 was 11' deep on right and about 8' on left.

The first cabin on the hump with a standard balcony is about 6 1/2' deep, so the #8259 balcony is about 8' wide and 6 1/2' deep. #8259 & #8261 connect. Will post a good deck plan detail of this when have photos downloaded.

Janet...........THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Finally, a confirmation of what I suspected. The color coding for the 1A's on Deck 8 is correct. The location of those cabins is actually one cabin aft.

Holy Cow!!! I really have the cabins with the huge balconies??? I want to beleive it, I really do....but its not sinking in. :eek:

Howard I got the email to both my addresses, so yes.

Janet, Thank You....Big fat schmooch from me. :D

I have to go and look at some Depping photos again.....

Archived