Deluxe Verandah Suites

harkinmr

Hello All! We are new to Holland America and will be on the Eurodam in March. We have reserved a deluxe verandah suite directly midship. From the deck plans we are right at the midship elevators/stairs/exterior elevators. The exterior elevators jut out and it would seem that our verandah is directly next to them. Has anyone had one of these suites? Are the exterior elevators mirrored or clear glass? Will the fact that they jut out from the side of the ship interfere with our view and enjoyment of the verandah? Any help would be appreciated! :)

We had the same SA suite on the Oosterdam and the elevator proximity was not a problem. Noise really bothers me and we heard nothing from any of the elevators. If you are leaning on your rail people can see you if they are so inclined from the elevator and you can see them. Most times it is going by so fast they can't. It is a well located cabin. You will be pleased.

Gary

Those are great pictures.

I was going to try and describe what we see when we stand by the glass windows in the elevator.

Boyjtie -- thanks for sharing!!

You're welcome! At times I roam the ships thinking what may be of interest to CCers so I take pictures that may help answer questions. :D

Great photos...... really show the view of those verandas from glass elevators. The Suites immediately beside both glass elevators on both sides have less than fully private verandas however the next one up is barely (if at all) visible.

Also, most people on the glass elevators are looking at the beautiful views to the sea or shore and not at the verandas. In addition, that elevator moves quite rapidly.

In addition, that elevator moves quite rapidly.

The elevators move rapidly when they move.

But! They also stop to let passengers on/off. At those times the verandas are not at all private. If that's a problem for people, they should know while they head out there. ;)

Archived