Which Southern Caribbean Itinerary on AOS???

djwool

We're taking a family cruise and are trying to find a date/itinerary that suits 5 people. Our kids like being in a different port every day, so we're now doing the Barbados route, which has only one seas day (at the beginnning.......I'm ok with that, as a way to unwind.)

I appreciate the continued input on the two routes. I considered the extra day at sea as a plus for the Aruba route, but having never been to the Southern Caribbean, chose to visit more ports.

As for travel partners out of San Juan, I'm not worried. A cruise is like any other thing in life. It is what you make it. ;)

I appreciate the continued input on the two routes. I considered the extra day at sea as a plus for the Aruba route, but having never been to the Southern Caribbean, chose to visit more ports.

As for travel partners out of San Juan, I'm not worried. A cruise is like any other thing in life. It is what you make it. ;)

You are right about that. You would have enjoyed either route you decided on, we have been on both and enjoyed each for different reasons. Have a great cruise.

I love your attitude! and it is so true. We have never had a vacation that we haven't thought was wonderful. Never anything so bad that happens to ruin it. We are so thankful we can go on vacation, it would take something horrible to ruin it for us.

You will love San Juan, love cruising from there, love the Soutern Caribbean. Enjoy.

Karena....6 cruises scheduled in '09 with a land vacation as well? Ok, I am officially jealous now, how do you do it?

I did the Aruba/Curacao cruise in late September. I like to cruise when the kiddies are supposed to be in school. I enjoyed the trip and now I want to do the other leg again on the VOS. This was my first voyage out of San Juan but second visit to the island. I arrived four days early so that I could do a leisurely tour of the rain forest and the area around it. I had been to OSJ and loved it. I did spend time there again. PR is really a great place to visit, very pretty and it is part of the USA. No customs or immigration to contend with upon entry or leaving. I live in San Antonio where the city is 60% Hispanic, Spanish (TexMex?) is common and I am very familiar with their customs. It really was not that much different visiting PR - just like home.

Archived