Documents received!!!

cruzndiz

Just got my cruise documents in the mail.....you guys didn't even give me a hint as to how classy they were going to be when they arrived!!!! I was blown away :D

Included in the package were faxable forms to book shore excursions (which I have already done online & received email confirmation), but nowhere in the dox does it show my booked Regent excursions. Are they supposed to be listed somewhere or will I just get tix when I board?

Congratulations:D:D:D:D:D

This is really exciting. Yes -- your excursion information will be in your suite along with confirmation of your restaurant bookings! They send the excursion info. to everyone (in case you want to book more).

There is something about getting the documents in the mail that is extremely exciting! Have a toast on New Year's Eve to your cruise.

P.S. You've read all the alleged negative stuff on the boards. The wonderful over-the-top service, food, etc. is for the two of you to discover on board;)

I LOVE getting my documents in the mail. As Travelcat said, don't worry about your shore excursions that you have already booked. The vouchers will be on your cabin door when you arrive or shortly after. I actually save those shore excursion books to get ideas for things to do on our own.

New computer system is most definitely NOT working.....but the good old fashioned telephone works for making reservations ;) and I've got mine nailed down for both Prime 7 and Signatures. Can't wait!!

Just got my cruise documents in the mail.....you guys didn't even give me a hint as to how classy they were going to be when they arrived!!!! I was blown away :D

Included in the package were faxable forms to book shore excursions (which I have already done online & received email confirmation), but nowhere in the dox does it show my booked Regent excursions. Are they supposed to be listed somewhere or will I just get tix when I board?

The documents are "classy"? I don't know what other lines' docs look like, but they seemed pretty normal to me. They convey the information I need to have. I can do without any more of those velvet bags. :p

As I recall, you get the envelope of excursion tickets for the trips you've booked in your room when you arrive.

Linda: they are when you compare them to the mainstream lines'.....picture in your mind a book of deposit tickets that the bank gives you when you open a business checking account; now staple a cardboard "cover" around it; that's what the cruise documents have looked like on my last several cruises! ;)

You are now seeing just how spoiled Regent passengers are. The cruise documents are wonderful. . . however, when you have received them multiple times, the tendancy is to take them for granted. I feel that the complaints you read are the same thing. . . . the "problems" on Regent cruises are minor glitches.

Hope you are prepared to be spoiled:)

Linda: they are when you compare them to the mainstream lines'.....picture in your mind a book of deposit tickets that the bank gives you when you open a business checking account; now staple a cardboard "cover" around it; that's what the cruise documents have looked like on my last several cruises! ;)

Thanks for the information. I am fairly new to cruises; we took our first in the summer of '06 simply because it seemed the best way to see the Baltic states (friends informed us that St. Petersburg hotels were, for the most part, still "not ready for prime time", so we thought that anchoring offshore might be the best bet. I think we were right).

We chose for size of ship, all-inclusiveness, and, of course, itinerary. Regent was the answer, so we've never yet experienced any other line. I have no problem with trying another one, but I know myself well enough to know that I would not travel well on a "floating city", so I don't think I will ever be on a Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Cruising will never be our only type of vacation; you'll see no 2007 cruise on my list, because we took a couple of weeks and had an apartment in Paris instead. Fortunately, we can afford to go when and where we want at this point in our lives (we're both in our early fifties).

You are now seeing just how spoiled Regent passengers are. The cruise documents are wonderful. . . however, when you have received them multiple times, the tendancy is to take them for granted.

I'm not spoiled. I'm just used to good stuff and plenty of it. :p

The docs are special to recieve and the Regent docs are on par with what SS gives out minus the SS silver cardboard box......which is really no big deal....just a silver colored card board box and they are so much more classier then what you would ever get from a mainstream line. I like the velvet string case that Regent puts theirs in. I'm always thrilled when I get my docs......it's just something about receiving them that makes the cruise really happening.

Enjoy!

Pat

Archived