LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Really

Consistently

Inconsistent

There are SEVERAL very small (i.e., under 6 months) babies on this cruise.

Carol, the families probably booked before the policy change and were grandfathered in.

Some kid's card kept not working, and they had to keep replacing it, so today as compensation they gave him free internet and free arcade games for the rest of the cruise! :eek:

Gosh, I'm not sure but I think my card just might not work either on the cruise!!! :D:D:D:D

(sorry, couldn't resist). I think it is really nice that they did this for him. He's going to be one happy kid with free arcade games especially.

I got my new SeaPass this afternoon! (of course, it's wrong, and they'll have to issue me a new one............)

BUT......it's the NEW kind. If you haven't sailed in December 2008, you haven't seen these.

They now have SILVER cards if you are in a JS, and GOLD cards if you are in a full suite! The card also says SUITE in really big letters.

:D :D :D :D :D

Ah, but did it say "Diamond PLUS"? ;)

I graduated in 1959, married a Trotwood girl in 1962 and lived in Trotwood until 1970 when I moved to Fairborn. Started working at Wright-Patt in 1967 until I retired in 1995. Moved to Florida in 1996.

It is a very small world, my father graduated from Trotwood Madison in 1958. My mother graduated Brookville HS 1959 as well. Her maiden name was Britton

Okay Carol, do we need to start a pool on when they actually come down?:p

If we are having a pool count me in. I do not know what ports you are going to but Three Kings Day which is celebrated in Puerto Rico is a really important date and maybe that is when the decorations will come down. The Menorah is still up? Well I guess they are trying to prolong the holidays. Based on the past year in the World that seems to be a good idea. Let us all hope that 2009 is better.

If we are having a pool count me in. I do not know what ports you are going to but Three Kings Day which is celebrated in Puerto Rico is a really important date and maybe that is when the decorations will come down. The Menorah is still up? Well I guess they are trying to prolong the holidays. Based on the past year in the World that seems to be a good idea. Let us all hope that 2009 is better.

Three Kings Day is on January sixth.

Yes, most everyone I know keeps theirs up until New Years Day. I just hate taking down my Christmas trees. I've always said that I wish I had an extra room to just move them into there and cover them until next year! :p

I seriously know someone who has a room like that!!! It's a closet bigger than my living room just for all of their decorated trees (they have many), they move them in on wheels and have special covers for them.:eek:

It is just very strange not having a sea day today.

Of course, my daughter has *made* it a sea day for us..........she is still abed, trying to regain her "bearings". :rolleyes:

It's a shame - I really like Grand Cayman, and had planned to show her the island, since she had always gone scuba diving when we've been here. She wanted to go to Hell, the Turtle Farm, and swimming with the stingrays. Oh well - another excuse to book another cruise! ;)

Some of my best trips were with my daughter with all respects to my DH. My daughter introduced me to cosmos at the wedding of my friends daughter. I think I had four of them when my then unattached daughter asked me if she could have a Vera Wang gown and four dozen roses at each table. Of course after four cosmos and because she had not met Mr. Right yet I kept saying yes to everything within a year she had met Mr. Right and as we started her wedding plans she reminded me of everything I had agreed to. What a great kid she absolved me of all my promises. I am now the grandmother of two little boys seven and four and I guess our travels are over as a mother daughter team. Enjoy every minute of being with her.

jc.........I'm gathering that it's an airport fee of some sort. I'm looking at the invoice for the last leg, and the taxes and fees are only 199.32 for two persons.

Did you fly in...........or were you on a cruise???:)

Rick

We cruised in and flew out to Peru. We didn't see any oppurtunity for them to tax me in Chile as it was about the 4th port we had been to in Chile, so I am certain we had cleared their customs via the ship days or maybe a week earlier. I was apprehensively expecting to pay it a couple of days later at the airport. Didn't happen.

jc

I am a fan. Been reading your posts for a couple years. Always amusing or informative. One of my favorite had something to do with "falling asleep with Jack" (not direct quote) which took me a minute until I looked at my "Captain."

So wish I were on this trip as you are almost breaking records and doing what you love, and I loved for 5 cruises. Of course that might mean that I would have to postpone my resolution of being less friendly with the "Captain." Ah, resolutions are meant to be broken.

I was wondering if you could do one thing that would make this almost novel more organized in my mind? For your first post of each day, could you put the day # in the title area and your location? I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Kim

My birthday... does that mean I am a king?:D

jc

You.............and my business partner share the same day........Great Minds!!

Heck...........jc.........I thougth that you were just a Lord!!:D

Being elevated to King..............WOW!!:D:rolleyes:

I am a fan. Been reading your posts for a couple years. Always amusing or informative. One of my favorite had something to do with "falling asleep with Jack" (not direct quote) which took me a minute until I looked at my "Captain."

So wish I were on this trip as you are almost breaking records and doing what you love, and I loved for 5 cruises. Of course that might mean that I would have to postpone my resolution of being less friendly with the "Captain." Ah, resolutions are meant to be broken.

I was wondering if you could do one thing that would make this almost novel more organized in my mind? For your first post of each day, could you put the day # in the title area and your location? I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Kim

Kim............who is "Jack" to you??? Don't get upset........just a question.:)

Rick

I seriously know someone who has a room like that!!! It's a closet bigger than my living room just for all of their decorated trees (they have many), they move them in on wheels and have special covers for them.:eek:

Oh, I am suffering from envy big time! I would have to wait until my two youngest move out, they are 22 and 19. So I probably have a several years yet, until the youngest is out of school! :(

Oh Lady,

No you are not out of line. Am surprised Rick was so slow to pick that up.

Rick is the one who has Jack in his room at all times.

Geez..........and all this time I thought you didn't know "Jack"!!

Were you looking in my drawers??:D:D

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us, Carol. I am so envious and would give anything to be on that wonderful ship for this journey. However, working in the public school system they don't offer vacation time outside of Christmas and Spring break. The Mariner is our favorite ship so far. I thought she had the best crew and of course the best Captain. I can't even imagine what 53 days on a cruise ship would be like...but would love to find out someday.

Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us, Carol. I am so envious and would give anything to be on that wonderful ship for this journey. However, working in the public school system they don't offer vacation time outside of Christmas and Spring break. The Mariner is our favorite ship so far. I thought she had the best crew and of course the best Captain. I can't even imagine what 53 days on a cruise ship would be like...but would love to find out someday.

Carol is also a teacher, I believe on sabbatical :D

Carol, thanks again for all of the updates, so very glad you are having a wonderful time.

###

Archived