Question about the walking/jogging track on Solstice

ttax

My wife and I have enjoyed walking round and round for hours on the Sunrise Deck of the Millennium class ships. We are considering a cruise on the Solstice or Equinox and wonder if the walking track is as long as on the Millennium ships. On our last cruise, we were disappointed with the very limited walking track on Emerald Princess. It does not appear from the Deck Layout for the Solstice that the track is very long. We would appreciate any comments from walkers who have been on the Solstice. Thanks.

the track is OK, supposedly 1/8 mile in length. I heard one person note it's a bit short of a mile after 8 laps. I walked at least a mile on the sea days and the only problem I found where people who didn't understand (or care) people were walking laps -- and therefore stood in the middle of the track or wandered to their chairs, etc. You probably have to pass at least one non-walking group per lap:rolleyes:.

I don't know how long it is, but I have to say it's very oddly placed. It's kind of in the middle of loungers, and people can't help but walk on it when trying to get to the Mast Grill or to the other end of the ship. Maybe it would be less crowded early in the morning but in the afternoon, it looks almost impossible to avoid everyone on deck while keeping any kind of pace.

My wife and I have enjoyed walking round and round for hours on the Sunrise Deck of the Millennium class ships. We are considering a cruise on the Solstice or Equinox and wonder if the walking track is as long as on the Millennium ships. On our last cruise, we were disappointed with the very limited walking track on Emerald Princess. It does not appear from the Deck Layout for the Solstice that the track is very long. We would appreciate any comments from walkers who have been on the Solstice. Thanks.

Yes, the walking track and its location is in the exact same area as the M Class ships. It is a little longer since the Solstice is larger.

We just returned from the Solstice 12/7-12/14 cruise. We improvised a good cardiac routine; the walking/jogging track circles the pool area on Deck 12. At the forward end of Deck 12 are stairs that go up to the sunning area on Deck 14; at the rear of Deck 12 are stairs that go up to the Lawn Club on Deck 14. You can make a full circuit of the ship, with the added cardio benefits of stair climbing, by starting on the track, go up to Deck 14, around the front, back down, up and around the Lawn Club, back down again, etc. Best time to avoid crowds on the track are before 9:00am+/- or after 4:00pm+/-.

Thanks for the information. That sounds fine - we should be able to walk the deck for our exercise. I imagine there is a promenade deck too, if the weather is rainy. I think we'll book the Equinox next winter. We're on the Constellation in Mid-February of this year.

Tom

Archived