Roll Call: Legend April 3, 2009 Crossing

CruisinMatt

Thank you friends!

It is 01.00 AM here. I'm still awake because I watched speed skating from Richmond, Vancouver. More success for Holland, another gold medal!

I'm off the Ibuprofen from today, because of the upcoming surgery, so pain will increase. Hopefully all gone on the Legend crossing!

Martha, I wish you and all my friends on Pride a wonderful crossing too!

Off to bed now!

Marja

Hello Marja, we were just thinking about you and wondering how the surgery went and how you're feeling. Hoping that you're doing well and we're looking forward to sailing away with you next week!

Anne

Thank you Anne!

Our surgery went well (I guess). We both came through it fine. Our daughter's pain has gone. Mine is still bad. Probably because my nerve has been trapped for too long. I still hope for pain relief. Still on the Ibuprofen and Diazepam.

Hope to be pain free on Legend!

Marja

Well...I got mine a while ago, and I'm on deck 4, upgraded to an A1, in case anyone else is seeking assignments....

Boy, they really made me sweat that one out!!! :D

Hard to believe it's just 9 days away! Wonder what other little "surprises" (such as change of Masters) we'll get for crew/staff??

Ah, but it's all good...on SB!

Paul ;)

The shakedown must have occurred today. I just got an email that my TA was able to secure us a complimentary upgrade to a B2 on deck 5!! :D

I'm happy for you both; hope you will enjoy the suite! Just like we would have, if we had been the lucky ones!

Does :D mean, that you don't like it much? In that case we would be happy to swap suites. We are in 124!

See you at sail away!

Marja

I'm happy for you both; hope you will enjoy the suite! Just like we would have, if we had been the lucky ones!

Does :D mean, that you don't like it much? In that case we would be happy to swap suites. We are in 124!

See you at sail away!

Marja

Has anyone ever ben able to sucessfully "swap" sutes??

A couple of years ago I was part of a three-way swap. From our guarantee, we were assigned a handicapped cabin in the center of the ship (great location, but shower only). I asked the purser if there were any unoccupied suites which had a bathtub. They told me no, but they would check again once everyone was on board.

They called us at 6 and said there was a medical no-show and we could be moved. A couple in one suite upgraded to a balcony suite (the no-show's suite), we moved into theirs (next to the mid-ship owner suite) and the Seabourn quality-assurance entertainment manager moved from one of the odd-sized suites in the front of the ship into our suite. It was all quite seamless - we came back from dinner and everything in our suite (except the safe contents) had been moved and placed in the same location in the new suite. Everyone was happy and I was impressed that SB would go to the trouble.

The only glitch was the spa - the previous occupants of our new suite had made several spa appointments and we got three reminder cards and two reminder phone messages. I just took the cards to the purser's desk each time - no big deal. It was straightened out by the third day.

Marja, we are happy with the upgrade, I'm sorry I confused you. I just didn't know that one could "swap" suites that easily.

It appears you are in half of a double suite. Are you travelling with friends that might like the other "half"?

Marja, we are happy with the upgrade, I'm sorry I confused you. I just didn't know that one could "swap" suites that easily.

It appears you are in half of a double suite. Are you travelling with friends that might like the other "half"?

Hi Matt!

As you know you have no choice in a GTY cat. suite!

I didn't even notice we're in half of a double suite! And yes, you did confuse me, otherwise I would not have asked you these questions of course. I thought we could be helpful for each other.

Never mind.

Maybe we'll be upgraded, when we have travelled with Seabourn 500 or more days! Not just one year!

Marja

Marja:

You're not part of the double suite...that is suites #126 & 128. You just missed it by one! :D

I'll be joining you on "the Po' Folk's" deck!

Feel better, and heal those nerves....

Paul ;)

Thank you Paul!

I thought so too, but didn't want to go into it. And by the way we have been in one of those as well before and it did not bother us. I suppose all the "walls" are not that thick!

And I don't mind what they call "the Po Folks deck"! You are either "Po" or not! No matter on what deck you are! As long as you have your heart in the right place! I know you're joking my friend, but I don't like the expression much. I only met somebody on Seabourn, who was really behaving "po" and this person was "upper class"!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. icon_blank.gif

Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937

See you next week!

Marja

And I don't mind what they call "the Po Folks deck"! You are either "Po" or not! No matter on what deck you are! As long as you have your heart in the right place! I know you're joking my friend, but I don't like the expression much. [/i]

Marja:

I should have used a :D and a ;) with my comment! Of course, it was a tongue-in-cheek remark, and I certainly meant no offense to anyone! (It's just an old Southern expression!)

No one on Seabourn is "Po' ", and it doesn't matter which deck we're on!

Paul ;)

After a whole year of GTY. Paul and I finally have a suite assignment! We're on Deck 6 in 313. Very excited. Last year, we were just absolutely ecstatic to be on the ship. This year, a balcony - so a bit of fresh air from time to time will be very nice. So we can be thankful for an unexpected upgrade this time. Lots to be thankful for.

Ginger

After a whole year of GTY. Paul and I finally have a suite assignment! We're on Deck 6 in 313. Very excited. Last year, we were just absolutely ecstatic to be on the ship. This year, a balcony - so a bit of fresh air from time to time will be very nice. So we can be thankful for an unexpected upgrade this time. Lots to be thankful for.

Ginger

That's great Ginger.

I'm happy for you and Paul!

René and I would have loved one too, but no such luck!

It is rather frustrating to see those balconies always seem to go to the others. But like I said, I'm glad you got one!

See you on board!

Marja

OK, I am basically done packing already, aside from last minute incidentals....

LOL! I'm not "there" yet! But I DID get things to the laundry over the weekend, so the tux should be nice & fresh. Wed. night's my packing night, and arrive in FLL Thursday mid-day, ready for a vacation!!

Hope all have safe flights and travels to FLL this week....

Paul ;)

Archived