Roll Call: Legend April 3, 2009 Crossing

CruisinMatt

Paul

The March 18, 2011 Odyssey TA Crossing (12 day) is priced at a

whopping $4,200 ~~this years March Pride crossing, $2,398.

A solo rate at 150% (or 175%) is out of the question for many of us!

Martita B.

Ms. M:

That's what I figured...:eek: (without doing any research!) I'm going to have to really enjoy my remaining "Sisters" TAs while I can (almost) afford them...!

Paul ;)

Re-reading Matt's wish for sunny days on this year's crossing and sending a silent prayer for the same as we're having a weird Thunder-Snowstorm in Georgia today. Where we live we have had about a foot of big, wet snowflakes today -- not really much fun to go out and "play" in!

Anyway, thinking ahead to next month and mentally doing some packing for our crossing. Can anyone tell me what type of converter you brought along or used to charge up a camera, cell phone or computer? From what I remember, there was only one plug in our suite last year and it was somewhat difficult to use to charge these things. I took very few pictures last year because I was afraid I would run the battery down and be without the opportunity!

Any tips?

Thanks!

Anne

Hi Anne:

Here in Memphis we got our 4" or so last night...we don't "do" snow (and ice) well here! Areas nearby got over a foot, so we were "lucky".

As far as the outlet goes: there's one US plug, and also a European plug. Best bet is to take an extension cord, or a power strip without a circuit breaker on it, for the US plug. That way you can plug several things in at once without crowding, assuming you have a battery charger for your camera.

Hope this helps, and look forward to seeing you next month! :eek: :D

Paul ;)

Ladies and gentlemen:

Today is exactly ONE MONTH before our Legend crossing!

To get in the mood, I have copied a YouTube video of the Spirit, but WITH captain Geir-Arne! I hope you will enjoy it! And of course you will be able to practise how to "cross your TOERS"!

Have a nice day!

Marja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQiNCHBPN9o

Ladies and gentlemen:

Today is exactly ONE MONTH before our Legend crossing!

To get in the mood, I have copied a YouTube video of the Spirit, but WITH captain Geir-Arne! I hope you will enjoy it!

Thanks, Marja!

I "did" see one photo in the collage that had to be crew from the Legend(!)

I'm waiting 'til Friday to announce "four weeks"!!

Hope you're well, and ready to cruise!

Paul ;)

Thanks, Marja!

I "did" see one photo in the collage that had to be crew from the Legend(!)

I'm waiting 'til Friday to announce "four weeks"!!

Hope you're well, and ready to cruise!

Paul ;)

Thanks Paul!

Not quite "well" yet, but good enough to cruise (I suppose)!

Marja

Eric told me in January he would be back on board for the crossing,so unless they have changed things ,he will be.

Hi friends!

That would be nice, but I know there is a lot of turning around schedules of CD's going on at the moment! Let's see!

Are we bringing "our walking shoes"? I still have the "neck problem" (but a little less).

Marja

Marja,

Good luck on the surgery. I had it several years ago and they have improved on it.We will be on the pride on april 28th

ED

Thanks Ed!

But I have postponed the surgery for now and hope I will never have it!

Probably wishful thinking, but still........

Marja

Well...it's 4 weeks from today until we board! :D

This is the time when I start to allow myself two checks a day (instead of just once) to discover my cabin assignment...:eek: So...post 'em when you get 'em! (not necessary for the exact cabin number...just post when you get your confirmations, thankyouverymuch!)

Paul ;)

who hasn't met a SB suite he didn't like

Matt, what do you mean "time to start thinking about packing?" Our cruise is not until July and I have a fairly complete packing list for both of us already? Ok, I guess that means I am a bit compulsive but it is a great way to start getting excited about the trip. Plus, the bonus is that when I go shopping in the next few months I know what items I need to buy to fill in my cruise wardrobe and I won't have to run out shopping at the last minute in a panic. (Maybe it is a girl thing.;)

I need to start thinking about packing! :eek: :rolleyes:

Me too!

For my neck surgery next week in Cologne!

I'm going together with our daughter. We both will have neck surgery (a fun mother-daughter trip...... or?).

And then, when I return home and am completely new again(?), I will start packing for this Seabourn crossing!

Have a nice weekend all!

Marja

Thank you friends!

It is 01.00 AM here. I'm still awake because I watched speed skating from Richmond, Vancouver. More success for Holland, another gold medal!

I'm off the Ibuprofen from today, because of the upcoming surgery, so pain will increase. Hopefully all gone on the Legend crossing!

Martha, I wish you and all my friends on Pride a wonderful crossing too!

Off to bed now!

Marja

Checking the website, Friday showed only the double suites waitlisted; this morning ALL categories are waitlisted. Do you think it's really full, or is this a normal procedure for the website this close to departure?? :confused:

Paul :eek: ;)

Maybe they are "shaking out" the suite assignments.....

Well...if they are, they aren't finished yet! :D

(And the Pride is all wait-listed, although Ms. M reported 181 passengers predicted....)

Oh well...2 weeks from Friday and we're off!

Paul ;)

Archived