Roll Call: Legend April 3, 2009 Crossing

CruisinMatt

Matt

Am so happy you are having such a grrrreat TA Crossing! Is your cute Mother with you? I hope you visit "The Worker's Market" in Old Town tomorrow ~~in Funchal. I love to buy flowers, "Poncha" (Madeira's lemon/honey/rum) liquor and exotic fruits. I share these unusual fruits at the Sky Bar with fellow shipmates, waiters, and whoever passes by ~~~some of the fruits are really strange.

Are you expecting a surprise in Funchal? My lips are sealed:D!

Have a continued grand time aboard the beautiful Legend Castle

Hug's sent to all,:p

Martita B.

Good morning to all!

As seems to be usual, as soon as we sailed from Funchal, the wind & waves picked up strongly, and we've been rockin' and rollin' ever since! As King Neptune (or Mother Nature) has been very kind to the Legend cruisers for most of our cruise, we all generally agree this has been one of the best cruises ever....;)

Although there was an abundance of "critters" at the Sky Bar (from both passengers AND crew) throughout the cruise, none were "missing" by Easter Sunday, so fretting of the possible kidnapping of "loved ones" was unfounded. There was, indeed, a plethera of big "bunnies" to be had around the Sky Bar on Easter morning. Perhaps some photos might pop up somewhere. It was almost scary! :eek:;)

As the Legend pulled into the dock in Funchal, there, sitting on his luggage with his camera out, was Capt. G-A, snapping away as "his" Legend "parallel parked" to pick him up. The Captain was sporting a new haircut and was difficult to recognize at first...the camera certainly gave him away!

There are many repeat sailors from last year (including me!), and it seems that almost all of us have signed up for next Spring's (final) TA. I would imagine that it will sail full, even though this year we are at about 180 guests. The rest of the suites are filled with speakers, entertainers, and trainees (4 to a suite, I'm told!).

This has been a wonderful cruise, as so many on SB are. More new friends made, re-bonding with old ones, and more interaction with old and new staff and crew. The three formal nights seemed to be heavily weighted toward tuxes of various sorts for the men. And, if any are "keeping score", the Restaurant team edged out the Bar team for the Tug-of-War contest this year, swapping last year's result.

It is expected to be cool (okay, cold for this writer!), windy and rainy on our final day into Lisbon. With the "motion of the ocean" in play, the Galley Market Luncheon today should be quite interesting, as it was last year.

Thanks for all the thoughts and good wishes from all of you! No doubt, more will post once recovery has begun!

Paul :)

(who's never met a SB cruise he didn't like)

Thanks Paul for your Crossing report ~~

I knew that Capt. Geir-Arne was boarding in Funchal but didn't want to spoil his surprise! Camera in tow ?? Did he have his 14 cat "rat guards" too ?? Probably left them on the Spirit ~~more rats in Asia! ha

Have a wonderful Galley Market luncheon and a continued fun time.

I'm sure that both the Legend and the Spirit will be a sell out next year for their last TA Crossing ~~~ Boo Hoo:mad:

Martita B.

Thanks all for your good wishes!

Like Paul stated before, we had a wonderful crossing with wonderful people! And yes, A LOT OF FUN! I can't remember having such lovely lunches outside the Veranda Café; we had such a nice group of people and probably were sometimes too loud..... sorry, it wasn't me (all the time....).

I knew already capt. G.A. was going to join us in Funchal Martha! What I didn't know of course that when opening our curtains rather early in the morning, he would sit exactly under our suite on his suitcase! Well, you can see the photo he took of me on his website and by the text he wrote underneath (too early) you won't be surprised what I looked like (can you imagine me without make up?). Anyway, of course I did make a photo of him as well and you will be able to see that one soon. Either on this thread or in a photo show that I will probably make!

Thank you all fellow CC'ers for making my cruise so wonderful and full of surprises!

Unfortunately my pain has increased again, but my neurosurgeon still gives me hope. I have to be patient (again).....

Marja

DSC02510.jpg.430319d618b8d56b29542ca6ce668cba.jpg

Matt

Am happy you are almost safely home after a grand Legend Crossing!

We also had a most magical, fun filled Pride TA voyage ~~it was THE best ever! The sea was smooth (except for the last 3 days) and the weather glorious. Pascal and our new German Chef's food was outstanding~~plus service was 10*! I heard you had a new Hotel Manager (Marcel from Regent) ~~

I'm sad that our Seabourn Sister TA Crossing's will end soon ~~

I know the Odyssey will be the most elegant vessel on the Seven Seas but I don't think the Crossing's will be the same as to our small ships and to the fun and fellowship that we've enjoyed the past years.

Please post your pictures! We would all love to see them!

Hugggzz sent :p

Martita B.

Matt

Am happy you are almost safely home after a grand Legend Crossing!

We also had a most magical, fun filled Pride TA voyage ~~it was THE best ever! The sea was smooth (except for the last 3 days) and the weather glorious. Pascal and our new German Chef's food was outstanding~~plus service was 10*! I heard you had a new Hotel Manager (Marcel from Regent) ~~

I'm sad that our Seabourn Sister TA Crossing's will end soon ~~

I know the Odyssey will be the most elegant vessel on the Seven Seas but I don't think the Crossing's will be the same as to our small ships and to the fun and fellowship that we've enjoyed the past years.

Please post your pictures! We would all love to see them!

Hugggzz sent :p

Martita B.

Elegant has many meanings and maybe the Odyssey will live up to some of them. You are very optimistic if you think it will be the best, but maybe, who knows ???:confused:

After seeing the photos of the new Odyssey I'm just guessing it will be a most elegant, luxurious vessel ~~costing $250 million (as will the new Sojourn)

And I'm sure the new Silverseas vessel "The Spirit" will also be a "knock out!"

Let's hope our economy can pull out of the slump soon so we can all enjoy these new builds!!

Enjoy your Sunday:p

MB

Ed

I'm not sure as to the CD or the Chef but I think Captain Mark Dexter will still be aboard.

I have good friends from Seattle (EB & PR) who will be aboard the Pride for your "Rivers of Western Europe." These fine young men won a big 1st place award at our "Celebrity Shirt Contest" during the Pride Spring TA Crossing ~~please meet them!:D

Martita B.

Oh, and I believe "Lulu" (Laurant) will be the Hot Man as he came aboard in Ft Laud on March 19th ~~Laurant is an excellent hotel manager but I still miss him greeting us, with his bright and sweet smile at the front of the dining room!:D

Enjoy your voyage!

MB

Ed

Yes, please meet my friends while aboard ~~they are charming, long time Seabournites ~~ and alot of fun! Ask them about their 1st place contest prize......"Tea Time with Executive Chef Pascal and his pastry Chef." The Seattle Boy's were kind enough to invite JB and me. There were six of us enjoying 4 'oclock Tea Time!

Have a wonderful time ~~'Bon Voyage:p

Martita B.

Archived