Summit: Balcony Room 6053

wxjcupo

Hi all --

I have an opportunity to book a balcony stateroom (2C -- the cheap ones -- haha!) on the Penthouse deck on the Celebrity Summit for our upcoming transatlantic cruise in April from San Juan. My question is, I was given an option to take #6053 which has an extended balcony. Is it a good balcony/view?

I have been on the Summit before and the "cheaper" balcony staterooms (2C) are on the Penthouse deck because you are just above the lifeboats which cut your view if you try to look down, but was wondering if obtaining #6053 with its extension due to the bend in the ship would make this a better choice.

Anyone have this type of room? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch for your time.

--Jeff

I see nobody has answered your question. If that room is one of the sweet sixteens, grab it. There are good pictures of the veranda out there. I don't have the numbers of the sweet sixteens handy, but they are the first 8 cabins on each side of the Penthouse deck. You could check the number against the deck plan on Celebrity's website. Or search this site for Sweet Sixteen. Good luck!

Hi Jeff,

There are numerous postings in various threads that list Cabin 6053 as superior to others in the same category, probably because of the extended balcony.

Good luck with it!

6053 is not one of the "sweet sixteen" cabins (they are further forward) but is on the curve of the ship so it has an extended balcony. DW and I were in 8046 a few months ago on connie and the balcony (probably similar to 6053) was great!

Botton Line: Looks like 6053 is one of the best in that catagory!

• 1 year later...
Hi all --

I have an opportunity to book a balcony stateroom (2C -- the cheap ones -- haha!) on the Penthouse deck on the Celebrity Summit for our upcoming transatlantic cruise in April from San Juan. My question is, I was given an option to take #6053 which has an extended balcony. Is it a good balcony/view?

I have been on the Summit before and the "cheaper" balcony staterooms (2C) are on the Penthouse deck because you are just above the lifeboats which cut your view if you try to look down, but was wondering if obtaining #6053 with its extension due to the bend in the ship would make this a better choice.

Anyone have this type of room? Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch for your time.

--Jeff

Jeff, I responded with a question to your other thread that went unanswered... here it is again. Did you end up booking 6053? We are scheduled to sail away in this cabin in July. Please let me know what you thought of it if you used it...

Thanks!

IMO, the best cabin in the 2c catagory is one of the sweet 16's. We always book one of those if we can't get an aft, or FV.

We did have 6053 once, and the balcony is not as large as one of the 16's, as it is sliced off crosswise. (6053 is not sweet 16, but you will enjoy 6053 as well...)

6035 is our favorite cabin in 2C.

Close to the elevators, and we can just ziip up to deck 10 Spa easily.

Archived