Summit Cancelled Jan 31?

C 2 C

What makes you think it's cancelled? I know they changed our itinerary to include Tobago and Barbados but what the heck?

Tobago is cancelled for sure. Check your itinerary on MyCruise. It is now a six day cruise assuming it goes ahead.

More news on the sailing Monday.

WOO HOO! It now looks like I am wrong!!!!!!! I have never been so happy to be so wrong! I just checked the celebrity website and the sailing is back up as a 6 night cruise, and when you pull it up it says all categories are sold out! (I still don't see how this is possible, but whatever!)

Also, I can now pull up my reservation!!!!! HOORAY! WE are going on this cruise. (I hope!)

It looks like the January 31st Summit cruise is about to be cancelled.

I never again want to discuss that @#$% word again but I will now have to reconsider a booking I just made for the Transatlantic and Mediterranean in April.

This thread might explain why a dry dock was needed:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=876199

I just called Celebrity and it is not cancelled. The itinerary has only changed to Tobago and Barbados instead of Aruba and Bonaire. WHEW!!!

Happy cruising.

I'm starting to wonder if the cruise was changed to 6 days and the Travel agents are onboard for day 7?? The cruise was red flagged (no more bookings) interpreted as cancelled...

The first person told me there was no cruise the second told me it was booked for TA.....

The problem with Celebrity continues to be a lack of communication between departments. If ignorance is bliss they are a happy bunch.

WOO HOO! It now looks like I am wrong!!!!!!! I have never been so happy to be so wrong! I just checked the celebrity website and the sailing is back up as a 6 night cruise, and when you pull it up it says all categories are sold out! (I still don't see how this is possible, but whatever!)

Also, I can now pull up my reservation!!!!! HOORAY! WE are going on this cruise. (I hope!)

Will there be enough hotel rooms in San Juan for all those who need a place to stay Friday night? I've already made my reservation.

Don't have any specific info, but can tell you that we were on the Summitt on the 12/27 sailing out of San Juan. Everything was fine (make that fabulous!) until New Years' Day when we began experiencing problems in not being able to flush our toilet. Someone came and fixed it (don't know what they did - we weren't in the cabin), and it worked for a couple of hours, but then there were problems later in the day. By the next morning, lots of folks were reporting the same problem, and by the final day of the cruise (1/3), I don't think there were any toilets flushing at all. We wondered how they'd get everything cleaned up for the embarkation later that day.

Can't say enough good things, however, about the service from everyone on board this ship. The food and beverage people, particularly, must have worked 22 hours non-stop to give us an unbelievable New Years Eve.

Archived