Carnival's New Early Saver Program

I missed booking ES by a week:ofor upcoming cruise. Naturally, i'm watching price drop lower than our military rate and kicking myself for waiting too long. My lame excuse is i was waiting for vacation week confirmation.

Anybody else wish they'd decrease the time you had to book in advance?

My wife and I booked a cruise last year on Carnival Miracle, under the Early Saver program. The 8 night cruise from New York to Bermuda was listed for $569, and when it went down to $539, 6 months before the cruise, I booked it. During the next 6 months the price went down to $499, $469, $449, $399, $349, and finally, 2 days before sailing, went to $299. Before the final payment, we were given the price off our balance. After the final balance was paid, we were given an onboard credit. We ended up with a $299 cruise price, and a $350 OBC. That paid for the crew's tips, plus some other on board expenses. We could not be happier with the program.

Yes, it requires a non-refundable deposit, so you better be certain of your vacation dates. Yes, you have to fill out an online form every time the price drops. I made the home page on my browser the cruise search page for our trip. Every time i looked online, the first thing I did was look at the price, then move on. It was easy. Carnival immediately acted on each of my price reductions, and gave us the credit, right up to 2 days before sailing. Every time I saw the price go down, it was like winning the lottery.

I plan on booking the same cruise on the same ship, this year. Right now it's listed for $529, but who knows?

If you can get past the non-refundable deposit, this deal saved us a lot of cash.

Archived