Carnival's New Early Saver Program

If the price of Tide goes down do you get a refund on your all detergent? You got to pick the category you wanted to have the location you wanted. If that happens to be the popular location and it is now sold out or higher priced than you got the best rate. If another cabin prices better why would you get the lower rate? You bought the better cabin.

We did the early saver program. I saw lower advertised prices but when I sent in their form they say thats a different category as yours. So basically when they put us in a room and we were given a room number thats when they had us. You can see early saver the lowest and then theres the you pick category and its ussually 200.00 more! Hind sight we would have never selected our room or anything I could really careless but instead of getting the advertised rate of 199.00 we paid 254 which to me is still a really great price. On their web site they basically say are you tired of it being to difficult to get a lower rate honored from other companies like they were gonna take the hassle out of it. There system was as big of a joke as the next guys if not worse. So personally not a fan!

Sounds to me like there is a pack n go guarantee rate they you want. If you go up to the next higher type of category, then you can get the guarantee ... but you cant downgrade. Any guarantee apparantly (lately) is being considered as lower than a selected cabin. i.e. you choose a 6B and want the OV guarantee, its a downgrade, but you can upgrade to the pack n go balcony guarantee.

Hiya Donna!

Hope your evening is gettin better ;)

Actually, no name changes allowed on the Early Saver...they had Gabbys name wrong and my PVP had to get an exception from a Supervisor to change it after booking..and after I had faxed over Gabbys birth certificate.

https://www.bookccl.com/pdf/Early_Saver_Overview.pdf

Actually I am booked on an Early Saver (leaving in two days, by the way! :D) and we did do a name change. My daughter and a friend decided to go with us at the last minute and she was not old enough to book the room herself so they took me out of my early saver room and put her friend in my place and then put me in her room. It did however cost $50.00 .

Actually I am booked on an Early Saver (leaving in two days, by the way! :D) and we did do a name change. My daughter and a friend decided to go with us at the last minute and she was not old enough to book the room herself so they took me out of my early saver room and put her friend in my place and then put me in her room. It did however cost $50.00 .

Good to know they make some exceptions :D thanks

• 1 year later...

This is our first cruise with Carnival. We booked with the early saver 10 months ago and yes we liked it. The savings at the time were great and since I have kept my eye open and have found cheaper rates, I also quilfied for upgrade and ship credit. We sail on the Inspiration on Mar 31 2011 out of Tampa. It is a little bit of work to keep watch, but it is worth the little effort it takes and sort of fun to see what is up.

comingo (hence come and go sailing)

My PVP told me that if we booked at the higher Past Guest discount that we could move to the lower Early Booking rate later if we wanted to...and if it was still available. The reason is that the reservation for the Early Booking rate is non-transferrable. So if Jack & Jill book it, then later Jack can't go...Jill can't change the name for the new person going.

We are on the early saver and we were able to change a name, it cost 150 bucks

We are on the early saver and we were able to change a name, it cost 150 bucks

ES makes no exceptions, no name changes are allowed. Iv never heard of a exception.

Its possible that it was before final payment, so it could have been cancelled and rebooked with the $50 pp penalty.

Never cruised Carnival.. looking at the ES, but had a question. We are wanting to get the ES rate, but also want to pay in full when we book vs. waiting for final payment. If it were to get cancelled (our friends have a very slight possibility of cancellation).. how do they work it, do you still have to pay the $50 pp to "change"?

Never cruised Carnival.. looking at the ES, but had a question. We are wanting to get the ES rate, but also want to pay in full when we book vs. waiting for final payment. If it were to get cancelled (our friends have a very slight possibility of cancellation).. how do they work it, do you still have to pay the $50 pp to "change"?

If your friends cancel, then their money minus the $50 pp is held toward a future cruise in their name ...same if you cancel.

Once you hit final payment, standard cancellation penalties apply.

If I was not sure, Id keep my options open and book another rate, past guest, whatever, some rate I could cancel and not have my entire deposit nonrefundable.

• 1 month later...
THIS I DONT UNDERSTAND IF YOU BOOK IN JUNE 2010 YOU CAN GET ONBOARD CREDIT UP ONTILL FEF 2011 I DID NOT RECIEVE ANY I WENT ON A CRUISE JAN, 29 2011?? boo

why didnt you get any OBC? Didn't the price of your cruise go down? Not everyone does.

No need to yell. We can hear ya.

Bill

I sent in 4 requests for 4 different cabin's price drops this past weekend.

3 of the cabins got the price drop, but to my surprise, my cabin

had a price increase:eek:! I actually think the increase was a typo, instead

of $834 per person new price, my statement showed $884/per person. My previous price was $849. My brother's balcony cabin right next to mine got the new price. I've asked Carnival to email me about the increase.

Can't wait to hear what they have to say. Will check tomorrow to see

if my price has been adjusted.

I sent in 4 requests for 4 different cabin's price drops this past weekend.

3 of the cabins got the price drop, but to my surprise, my cabin

had a price increase:eek:! I actually think the increase was a typo, instead

of $834 per person new price, my statement showed $884/per person. My previous price was $849. My brother's balcony cabin right next to mine got the new price. I've asked Carnival to email me about the increase.

Can't wait to hear what they have to say. Will check tomorrow to see

if my price has been adjusted.

That's a new one. Send in for a price decrease and have it increased. You are right though. Sounds like somebody hit the wrong key.

Bill

• 4 months later...

I booked with carnival back in January for a cruise on aug 28 on the early saver . Paid my non refundable deposit did everything I was suppose to . I had already booked a extended balcony. Last monday on august 15 the price droped by 50 dollar with free upgrades a person on a past guest rate ( which we are) I submitted the form on that night . ( I had picked the room 2 down from me on the same floor with the extended balcony to make sure it gave me the same rate)and it did. That was on Monday I got a confirmation that said they would respond in 3 days . Well by Saturday I had not heard anything I emailed them and they said I didn't qualify because it was a special that I didn't get to pick a room . That was the special on Saturday not Monday when I submitted the form.

I tried to tell the that they need to look at the special on Monday they was very nasty and said not to let it ruin my cruise. Just because it took them a week to respond does not mean I should not get the special I did every thing I was suppose to . I watched the rates made sure it was on the same category . But not they have cheated me out of 100 dollars . I will not by one thing on this ship nothing . I will go in port to drink or buy anything .

This is my 3 cruise this year and the other was on rc I will not ever go on carnival again they are liars and cheats.

things that might have helped.. take a screen shot of the price.

in the comments section put the date and time you saw the price drop as prices change constantly.

Im sorry you had a bad experience.. try again and reply to the email with the date and time and be very specific.

On all of our cruises we have only used a TA. He is a very good friend of ours. He has gotten us some amazing rates on Carnival. We had no idea about the ES program...but on our last cruise to our surprise we should up on the ship and had a 100.00 OBC. I was shocked. Our TA is awsome. We are sailing in Sept. 2011 and he is already watching for us. I have read so many bad stories on her about people not getting there OBC for this program. To tell you the truth i think if i didnt have my TA i probaly be lost about how to get it myself.

On all of our cruises we have only used a TA. He is a very good friend of ours. He has gotten us some amazing rates on Carnival. We had no idea about the ES program...but on our last cruise to our surprise we should up on the ship and had a 100.00 OBC. I was shocked. Our TA is awsome. We are sailing in Sept. 2011 and he is already watching for us. I have read so many bad stories on her about people not getting there OBC for this program. To tell you the truth i think if i didnt have my TA i probaly be lost about how to get it myself.

We just got an onboard credit and a free upgrade on a senior rate. We booked early saver already had some onboard credit , from an earlier price drop. The new rate was lower and had a free upgrade, so we ended up with both. We called our Carnival PVP and he noted the date we saw the price drop and walked me through the form on what to enter where.

I booked with carnival back in January for a cruise on aug 28 on the early saver . Paid my non refundable deposit did everything I was suppose to . I had already booked a extended balcony. Last monday on august 15 the price droped by 50 dollar with free upgrades a person on a past guest rate ( which we are) I submitted the form on that night . ( I had picked the room 2 down from me on the same floor with the extended balcony to make sure it gave me the same rate)and it did. That was on Monday I got a confirmation that said they would respond in 3 days . Well by Saturday I had not heard anything I emailed them and they said I didn't qualify because it was a special that I didn't get to pick a room . That was the special on Saturday not Monday when I submitted the form.

I tried to tell the that they need to look at the special on Monday they was very nasty and said not to let it ruin my cruise. Just because it took them a week to respond does not mean I should not get the special I did every thing I was suppose to . I watched the rates made sure it was on the same category . But not they have cheated me out of 100 dollars . I will not by one thing on this ship nothing . I will go in port to drink or buy anything .

This is my 3 cruise this year and the other was on rc I will not ever go on carnival again they are liars and cheats.

A scam you say?

Too bad it didn't work for you but so far I have received one $80 cabin reduction, same for my in-laws.

BTW, my reduction was on an aft wrap balcony too. Not sure why your claim was not accepted.

If you saw a rate on August 15 for a cruise you were taking on August 28 and they told you that you didn't qualify because it was a "special that you didn't get to pick your room," then Carnival was 100% correct.

You were likely trying to match to a Pack N Go rate, which you cannot do because it does not allow you to choose your cabin.

If you saw a rate on August 15 for a cruise you were taking on August 28 and they told you that you didn't qualify because it was a "special that you didn't get to pick your room," then Carnival was 100% correct.

You were likely trying to match to a Pack N Go rate, which you cannot do because it does not allow you to choose your cabin.

The OP said the rate they saw on Aug 15 was a past guest rate with free upgrades.

That's certainly not pack and go and should qualify.

Bill

Talked with my TA friend today..found out we did get an upgrade on our room. We have a AFT balcony room...when he had first booked we were only in an Ocean View...i thought he just talked us into the balcony but he said no it was an upgrade. WOW...also checking prices daily...right now I am at a 35.00pp drop. We are sailing end of Sept. Do you think it will still drop more by the time we cruise?

• 6 months later...

Archived