Carnival's New Early Saver Program

Just got off with my PVP. He can save me $70 per person under military rate on our cruise. Said it was on all sailings. He just basically said what I've read here...it just makes the deposit non-refundable and gives non-refundable OBC for price drops (up to like 2 days before sailing). He said it was just a "put your money where your mouth is" as far as them trying to reward people for booking early.

$70 under military rate is a substantial savings!!

When the rates do come up on the carnival website I plan to pick 2-3 sailings and chart them to do a comparison between traditional and Early.

$70 under military rate is a substantial savings!!

When the rates do come up on the carnival website I plan to pick 2-3 sailings and chart them to do a comparison between traditional and Early.

I just called my PVP back on behalf of someone going on our group cruise that isn't eligible for military rate, and her savings is $180 per person/$360 per cabin. He did say that 3rd and 4th aren't eligible for discounts (I don't know if that's in general, or just on this sailing). Just FYI.

If you have some flexibility I would wait until after final payment is reached for a cruise and get a real deal. There will be many super deals this year. The nonrefund thing turns me off to this promotion.

My PVP said that PRIOR to final payment, you can change the sailing for the $50 "administrative fee". Although something interesting that did come up is that under this promo, name changes/pax substitutions won't be allowed.

If you have some flexibility I would wait until after final payment is reached for a cruise and get a real deal. There will be many super deals this year. The nonrefund thing turns me off to this promotion.

If a person has flexibility and lives close to a port, this deal and most others arent that great. You can pick and chose and dont have to worry about airfare, hotels, rental cars, meals..etc.

Deals like this appeal to people that can only cruise certain times of the year or people that know which cruise they want to take and plan ahead.

Folks can keep checking, but pricing hasnt been added to the website yet. Just give Carnival a call if you want to check. Im going to be patient :)

My PVP said that PRIOR to final payment, you can change the sailing for the $50 "administrative fee". Although something interesting that did come up is that under this promo, name changes/pax substitutions won't be allowed.

Something to think about...........

Interesting...I posted this on page one..on the pdf it give a overview of the program.

http://bookccl.com/pdf/Early_Saver_Overview.pdf

Just read that over..I don't see any mention of 3rd/4th pax except for noting that the deposit is the same. Am I missing something? Because it's not impossible my PVP is incorrect and I'd LOVE to shave more $$ off my balance. :) :) :)

I just checked Pride on 05/10/09 and PPB code is not valid for this sailing

Now I know why it's not valid - my sailing is less then 5 months away

Early Saver – Terms and Conditions

Limited booking window

Short Products (5 days or shorter)

Unavailable within 3 months of sailing; may be raised/closed earlier

Long Products (6 days or longer)

Unavailable within 5 months of sailing; may be raised/closed earlier

OK, so I'm too close to my Victory, right? Within 5 months.

But I tried checking for Miracle 12/14/09 and it didn't work. Used PEB.

I think I got a great rate, anyway. Originally booked an 8C aft for $1,009 each. Then it was reclassified to an 8I and price jumped. Then, during the P1S sale in mid-November, I called my PVP and got the price reduced to $809 each which he stated, at that time, was lower than the military rate.

$809 each for an aft balcony! I just don't expect it to get any better than that. Right now, regular price is $1,054 pp. PG3 code has a 2 level upgrade, so to get an 8I, it would be $924 pp; senior code not working. The PFF code is working (all Cat 8s upgraded to 8I) so if you booked an 8A, you'd get an aft for $909, which is better than the past guest, and is a good price for an aft on an 8-day with 4 sea days!

I don't think I could use this new thing anyway, as I'm not sure who will be sailing with me. DD graduates in May and may be gone and unavailable to cruise, so it's entirely likely I would need to make a name change. Or I may end up having that balcony all to myself.

I guess the moral is, you need to try all the codes and see what works best for you. If you can lock in early and know you'll have no changes (which has always been my case except for the upcoming Miracle), then why not? If you don't know whether something might change, then use one of the "other" codes, if available.

Okay. Just off the phone with my TA. Let me run this by everyone.

I have a past guest rate right now. If I cancel at the final payment date, I could then take my $200 deposit and apply to a later cruise?

New Fun Saver Rate: If I cancel at the final payment date, I would lose $50 and could take $150 and apply to a later cruise?

Fun Saver Rate: If I make any change at all even before final payment, it's a $50 change fee.

Does this sound right? Am I understanding?

I just booked the Conquest for Aug 2 09 direct with Carnival using the Early Saver/Booking Option. SIGNIFICANT savings over what I was looking at yesterday. The $250pp deposit is non-refundable, BUT if you cancel prior to final payment you only lose $50 out of pocket, the other $200 is good towards a future cruise AND is transferable. Carnival is just trying to get people to book and, IMHO, the terms of this new promotion appear reasonable. I'm happy !!!

I just booked the Conquest for Aug 2 09 direct with Carnival using the Early Saver/Booking Option. SIGNIFICANT savings over what I was looking at yesterday. The $250pp deposit is non-refundable, BUT if you cancel prior to final payment you only lose $50 out of pocket, the other $200 is good towards a future cruise AND is transferable. Carnival is just trying to get people to book and, IMHO, the terms of this new promotion appear reasonable. I'm happy !!!

Yes, that's what I'm understanding although my deposit is $200 pp. What happens if you cancel after final payment? Can you still lose $50 and apply the $150 toward a later cruise date?

So if you cancel prior to final payment they keep your $200 until you reschedule another cruise with them:confused:

I don't get it.......

Yes, that's what I'm understanding although my deposit is $200 pp. What happens if you cancel after final payment? Can you still lose $50 and apply the $150 toward a later cruise date?

Regardless of how you book, if you cancel after final payment you would lose your deposit. Unless you have insurance and you cancel within their terms.

Yes, that's right, they keep your $200 until you rebook, if you cancel before final payment. BTW, I asked about the insurance, and that doesn't get you any additional flexibility with the Early Booking terms, it is only applicable to events after final payment.

I'm not sure about terms of canceling existing bookings and switching them over to this program, sorry.

Archived