Carnival's New Early Saver Program

It seems like it has potential to me and the type of travelling we do. We only cruise every other year, and once we book, barring any life-threatening events or illnesses, it's set in stone. And from what I've read, anything that we'd need to cancel for, our travel insurance would reimburse us for.

But, when oil prices dropped, they did not give it back to me.. They gave me a shipboard credit instead.. This is NOT a refund folks.

It can be refunded if you don't use it all on the ship. We sailed Dec. 27th and when we got our mid-week sail and sign statement it shows two lines: NON-refundable OBC and refundable OBC. The fuel surcharge was listed in the refundable column. Just makes more sense to apply it on-board than try to refund 3,000 passengers.

Now, as for the code, it's not applying to our sailing for September .. lol, figures.

lol I thought the code was ESP, but that too is invalid. None of the above worked either.

Ok, sorry for the confusion with the code. From Carnival's info page about the Early Saver program:

Fare code: PPB

So, that's the code...PPB.

I still can't find any cruises that the code is valid for. Makes me think they don't have the prices up just yet.

Just like the fuel surcharges.. I paid my fuel surcharge in my last cruise booking.. But, when oil prices dropped, they did not give it back to me.. They gave me a shipboard credit instead.. This is NOT a refund folks.. .

... don't get me started!!! I booked a cruise for DEC 2009!!! still almost 11 months away that because of the TA I had to pay in full including the fuel and now the TA keeps saying Carnival is refunding them as they go, i.e. not refunding them, only giving OBC. I want a refund for next Dec!!!!!! I'm hearing this BS from others too, that paid early, they are now hearing from PVPs no refund. You have to wait until you are onboard and hope for a OBC.

I just pulled up the Europe sailing again on Carnival's TA site. The correct rate code (at least on that sailing...should be the same on others) is PPB, as bigman01 quoted from Carnival.

It can be refunded if you don't use it all on the ship. We sailed Dec. 27th and when we got our mid-week sail and sign statement it shows two lines: NON-refundable OBC and refundable OBC. The fuel surcharge was listed in the refundable column. Just makes more sense to apply it on-board than try to refund 3,000 passengers.

Now, as for the code, it's not applying to our sailing for September .. lol, figures.

There are two types of OBC...refundable and non-refundable. Our last cruise, we paid ahead on our S&S AND had OBC from a price drop. The purser said that the OBC we paid for was refundable, but the OBC given by Carnival was not. I don't know what classifies one kind vs the other, other than we purchased the one and the other was from Carnival. Definately something to ask about.

Wow, talk about a bunch of negative Nancys! Lighten up folks! If the promotion doesn't fit your needs, you don't have to book it.

I just checked the VA 07/12/09. The promotion is the real deal! The regular 8A price is $1,249 and the Early Saver promotion is $1,049. Sounds like a discount to me, a huge one! The BL rate is $1,149 so if you're a GTY type of person it is still $200 less expensive and you get your cabin assignment.

Wow, talk about a bunch of negative Nancys! Lighten up folks! If the promotion doesn't fit your needs, you don't have to book it.

I just checked the VA 07/12/09. The promotion is the real deal! The regular 8A price is $1,249 and the Early Saver promotion is $1,049. Sounds like a discount to me, a huge one! The BL rate is $1,149 so if you're a GTY type of person it is still $200 less expensive and you get your cabin assignment.

I just checked Pride on 05/10/09 and PPB code is not valid for this sailing

I just checked Pride on 05/10/09 and PPB code is not valid for this sailing

My friend is on the Fantasy July 2nd and the code didnt work for her sailing either. So far the person who said it might only apply to certain cruises, looks like they are correct. I hope I'm wrong, but so far doesnt look like much of a deal to me (as in NO deal, not valid)

negative nancy

Ditto.

I had hoped for a "Free Cruise" promo - but then I realized:

What, the ships are too crowded now, how is this going to work?

I heard they are raising DOD prices, and just wait for the after midnight room service charge like RCCL.

Did you know you still have to pay for insurance ? How is that a free cruise?

I checked and the balconies are already gone on my date. Carnival should have known that would be a problem.

I'm already booked. Is my deposit going to be OBC? That stinks.

My friend is on the Fantasy July 2nd and the code didnt work for her sailing either. So far the person who said it might only apply to certain cruises, looks like they are correct. I hope I'm wrong, but so far doesnt look like much of a deal to me (as in NO deal, not valid)

negative nancy

FA 07/02/09

Regular price - 4A $599

Early Saver - 4A $469

Looks like a discount to me.:rolleyes:

Fare code is PEB.

Additionally, I forgot to mention there was a discount for the 3rd and 4th as well.

Regular 3rd and 4th rate for 8A was $759

Early Saver 3rd and 4th rate is $659.

So all in all, for the VA 07/12/08, the Early Saver promotion is $600 less!!!!!! I would be willing to put down a non-refundable deposit considering that if I cancel outside penalty I would get a future cruise credit for my deposit minus a $50 service fee per person. I think that is a very fair deal.

FA 07/02/09

Regular price - 4A $599

Early Saver - 4A $469

Fare code is PEB.

Ohhhh PEB!!! I keep hearing different codes. She is booked at $499 and got to pick a 4E cabin, Ill go check. She booked on that promo $100 off the cabin rate, plus highest upgrade within the class, best promo Iv seen so far.

thanks for the code.

when I try PEB it still says invalid. I give up, thanks The promo that she booked under for $499 is looking great, and that was probably less than a month ago, only saw that promo once to get $100 off plus best upgrade.

FA 07/02/09

Regular price - 4A $599

Early Saver - 4A $469

Fare code is PEB.

In Carnival's TA site, it comes up as PPB. I wonder what the heck they're doing with these codes.

That didnt work for me either. I dont think they have loaded the new prices yet.

The correct code is PPB as has been stated a few times on this thread.

I don't believe The Early Saver rate is open on the Carnival website yet. You have to contact them to get the Early Saver rate. Additionally, unless you're a TA you are not going to be able to use PPB. The correct fare code for directs is PEB.

I have no idea what that means. Directs?

There are two different codes for this? PPB for TAs and PEB if you book yourself? :confused:

Please use very simple language for those of us who don't understand all the "code" words. I still don't know what ship you were referring to above. VA?

Most people here aren't travel agents. Most of us don't use the lingo. :o

Just got off with my PVP. He can save me $70 per person under military rate on our cruise. Said it was on all sailings. He just basically said what I've read here...it just makes the deposit non-refundable and gives non-refundable OBC for price drops (up to like 2 days before sailing). He said it was just a "put your money where your mouth is" as far as them trying to reward people for booking early.

I don't believe The Early Saver rate is open on the Carnival website yet. You have to contact them to get the Early Saver rate. Additionally, unless you're a TA you are not going to be able to use PPB. The correct fare code for directs is PEB.

I haven't had any luck on my own. I have entered every code imaginable & none but B will work. All others say invalid. I assume since I booked a cruise critic group cruise, I may not be eligible for other prices?

I have no idea what that means. Directs?

There are two different codes for this? PPB for TAs and PEB if you book yourself? :confused:

Please use very simple language for those of us who don't understand all the "code" words. I still don't know what ship you were referring to above. VA?

Most people here aren't travel agents. Most of us don't use the lingo. :o

VA = Valor

Directs = Direct Consumer booking through Carnival.

As far as why they have two different fare codes, one for direct consumers and another for travel agents, I have no idea why they did that.:cool:

I haven't had any luck on my own. I have entered every code imaginable & none but B will work. All others say invalid. I assume since I booked a cruise critic group cruise, I may not be eligible for other prices?

What ship and sail date are you booked on and where are you checking?

Archived