Carnival's New Early Saver Program

How about Carnival just offers a sale for the whole month of February!? Then we'd all be happy and book some cruises! And in my case, we can finally upgrade! C'mon Carnival, please? :cool:

Received this email today:

*Cruise rate are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Offer can be advertised on websites, research results or any other means. Offer is valid for new individual bookings only made between January 14th and January 16th, 2009. Offer is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. No name changes allowed. Full payment is required at the time of booking to secure confirmed accommodations.Guarantees only. Offer is applicable to categories IS/OV/BL only. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code PUG. Ship's Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

Thanks for all the information on this site! It helped me make an informed decision. I just booked a 7 night Category 8A for November for $629 - saving $ 90/ person. If I have to change the date, I will still have saved $ 80. Weighing the benefits against the risks, I was happy with the deal.

Put me in as one of the people that likes this Early Saver program!

I was toying around with the free upgrade promo they have going right now to compare it with what I got for Early Saver.

With the free upgrade program, I was getting $459 pp before taxes for a 6E oceanview on Ecstasy. (Upgrading to 6E for the price of a 6A.)

But a PVP called me to offer the Early Saver program. She said that she could offer a 6D oceanview for $399 pp. The 6D oceanview that I got is literally right next door to a 6E oceanview on the Empress deck.

Seems like a good deal to me, especially when considering that the free 4A to 4F upgrade (inside stateroom, Riviera deck to inside stateroom, Verandah deck) is actually more: $409 pp.

Received this email today:

*Cruise rate are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Offer can be advertised on websites, research results or any other means. Offer is valid for new individual bookings only made between January 14th and January 16th, 2009. Offer is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. No name changes allowed. Full payment is required at the time of booking to secure confirmed accommodations.Guarantees only. Offer is applicable to categories IS/OV/BL only. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code PUG. Ship's Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

Is there any site where you can put in the fare codes and see prices without calling your TA or PVP?

We were already planning on booking to sail on the Dream for the 1/30/2010 sailing. We just locked it in under the Early Saver program. The price we locked in is better than what we would have gotten with military discount. Between now and cruise time we'll make regular checks to see if the price has dropped below what we locked in. If so, hello onboard credit! This program may not work for everybody, but it worked well for us. :cool:

Is there any site where you can put in the fare codes and see prices without calling your TA or PVP?

You can do it right on Carnivals website. When you select a cruise and the prices are showing at the bottom there is a spot below that says "Do you have a fare code?" Select this and you will be brought to a new page which has a spot to put the code in.

You can do it right on Carnivals website. When you select a cruise and the prices are showing at the bottom there is a spot below that says "Do you have a fare code?" Select this and you will be brought to a new page which has a spot to put the code in.

.....using codes 'ESP', 'PEB', and 'PPB' and none of them was valid. Yet I know they are for my cruise because I called up my TA and asked them.

What's up with the Carnival website making everything hard for the die-hards.

:(

wasiii

.....using codes 'ESP', 'PEB', and 'PPB' and none of them was valid. Yet I know they are for my cruise because I called up my TA and asked them.

wasiii

I was responding to the person who asked about the PUG code.

I have not tried the other ones yet based on reports here that it was not working yet. I hope that these fares start to show online because I like to look around at a lot of options before I book anything and don't like having to call until I am pretty much all set.....I really am interested in seeing these prices and wonder how it will work out booking as a solo.

wasiii

I agree!! I'm so ready to book our spring 2010 cruise but I keep waiting to see what prices the Early Savings Program will bring for the cruises I'm interested in. Not one of those codes will work nor the PUG code someone shared earlier. I guess I'm going to have to break down and actually call a PVP to get a quote.

I agree!! I'm so ready to book our spring 2010 cruise but I keep waiting to see what prices the Early Savings Program will bring for the cruises I'm interested in. Not one of those codes will work nor the PUG code someone shared earlier. I guess I'm going to have to break down and actually call a PVP to get a quote.

Yes, I am having to call someone as I had already tried everything thru the Carnival site. I was wondering if there was possibly another site to go to to check. I feel like I'm driving my TA CRAZY!! Check this code, check that code, on and on. She probably thinks what a cheapo this person is. But I like to vacation and I like the best value!!! And I'd like to be able to look myself and then call and book.

I'm just curious why everyone is putting themselves through the frustration of screwing around with the codes, rather than just calling your TA or PVP. I'm not trying to be snarky, I just wondered if your TA/PVP was high pressure or something??? I call my PVP regularly, whether I'm booked currently or not, with questions, and have for almost 4 years now, and he answers them all without attitude or trying to "talk" me into anything. ;)

I'm just curious why everyone is putting themselves through the frustration of screwing around with the codes, rather than just calling your TA or PVP. I'm not trying to be snarky, I just wondered if your TA/PVP was high pressure or something??? I call my PVP regularly, whether I'm booked currently or not, with questions, and have for almost 4 years now, and he answers them all without attitude or trying to "talk" me into anything. ;)

I just like to look myself. I usually look at several weeks and a whole bunch of ships. I go back and forth looking at itin and prices etc. I compare airfare also to see if one port or another offers me a sig savings....that kind of thing....sort of like a hobby or an addiction :eek: I prefer to call when I have it narrowed down a bit

I just like to look myself. I usually look at several weeks and a whole bunch of ships. I go back and forth looking at itin and prices etc. I compare airfare also to see if one port or another offers me a sig savings....that kind of thing....sort of like a hobby or an addiction :eek: I prefer to call when I have it narrowed down a bit

I can so relate, LOL. Like how I'm checking about a dozen different flight possibilities...different days/dates, different airports (we live a reasonable distance from a few), LOL. When I was trying to narrow it down, I called my PVP with a list and some "priorities" in mind (size of ship, ports I did or didn't want to go to, a few different dates) and he helped me work it out. I told him I wanted to put my OCD tendencies to work, move to Miami and be him "when I grow up", LOL. Which is funny since he's probably 10 years younger than I am, LOL.

For me it's because I go through the compete place and I really don't know if I'm being quoted the ESP or the regular rates. I do book with the same agency each time though but I'd like to know what the rates are up front with Carnival before I start comparing wether I was quoted a lower price or simply the same one Carnival would offer directly with a PVP. If there isn't a significant savings to book through my agent I'd go directly to Carnival as this agency started charging a $75 cancellation fee where in the past they always bragged about no cancellation fees. I've never had to cancel but in this case with Carnival's ESP terms and the agency's fee it could be quite a chunk of money if I did. I just want to make an informed choice :)

I just got off the phone with my PVP. Looking at the Legend out of Tampa on 9/13, 7 days.

7A - past guest = 609/pp + fees = 675.89/pp. Early Saving Program 7A = 585.89/pp. Savings of 90.00 each.

8A - past guest = 795.89/pp. Early Saving Program = 665.89. Savings of 130.00 each.

Seems like a pretty good deal to people who are really sure of their dates.

I'm just curious why everyone is putting themselves through the frustration of screwing around with the codes, rather than just calling your TA or PVP. I'm not trying to be snarky, ;)

Well, my friend wanted to see the rates herself, but since we can't she emailed her PVP who is just back from having a baby early and working only a couple of days a week, still hasnt heard from her PVP.

Some of us would just like to see with out own eyes.

Well, my friend wanted to see the rates herself, but since we can't she emailed her PVP who is just back from having a baby early and working only a couple of days a week, still hasnt heard from her PVP.

Some of us would just like to see with out own eyes.

I get that and am all for doing whatever "homework" is necessary. It just seems like a lot of frustration with the codes, or lack thereof. :) Would the 1800CARNIVAL people have that info?

I spoke with my TA and for a 5 day cruise with me being solo it would be $340. That's all the fees included. Just using to past guest promo it was going to be $415. I have a very flexible schedule and she knows this. She made the comment that with this promotion I'll be doing alot of cruising! I hope she's right. The price for a single cruiser was killing me and I thought I would have to give it up. I haven't committed to that 5 day but it's given me hope.

OK we bit and booked on the Miracle next Feb to get the price. First we always book early about a year and then watch prices so this program worked for us. Also we have to fly to ship and booking early allows us to watch for seat sales and thirdly we were able to get an aft balcony on anh 8 day cruise for $974! Seemed like a no brainer but I guess time will tell.

I called Carnival today and tried to get a code and they did not have one to give me so I asked for a price for a cove balcony on the Carnival Dream January 2010. The web price is $919. The early saver price is $739. That looks like a good savings. They had one large balcony on Deck 6 for $789.

To those of you who have spoken with your PVP.....Did they mention if this will become available on line soon or will it be via phone only for awhile???

I may have to take a look at Jan 10 and make a phone call if I must. :p

I spoke with a pvp tonight about my Cat 12 on the Imagination this June and was told my price would get only reduced by $40.00 a person and $80.00 Total. I was also told of the fine print that says about loss of Deposit ($300.00) plus a $50.00 Fee as well if I chose to cancel ! A $350.00 loss for a 4 night cruise @ a chance for $80.00 off ? Sounds kind of weak to me.. Glad to hear others have better offers though..:)

Ok here's my update on how this program worked for me! I was given a referral to a wonderful PVP yesterday ;). I contacted the PVP to inquire about one of the cruises I was interested in for 2010. He gave me the Early Saver Rates which blew away any rate I had found previously. During the course of chatting with him he confirmed what I knew already ...based on my cruise needs and previous purchases this program is perfect for me. I book early, I do not make changes to my booking and I have never gotten a lower price after my initial booking using a TA. Here's the reason I will give him all my future business (remember in the past I had no need for a PVP since I got better pricing elsewhere) even though I booked my Miracle cruise for Oct 09 through a compete agent he offered to look up that sailing to see if I could get a better price with the new program. The Early Saver Program was $200 cheaper than my price!! He suggested I contact my agent as this program does apply to existing bookings as long as you are at least 5 months out for 7 day cruises. My agent made the changes this morning which saved me the $200. So for someone like me who wants the added incentive it's well worth it :) This program beats all other discounts including Military rates which are supposed to be the lowest rates. If you fit the same cruiser profile I do then make sure you check for these rates :)

OH and a huge plus for me is that by refaring the cruise the fuel surcharge was removed totally :) No waiting to see what happens with it :)

Archived