Splendour of the Seas

Taffygirl

Hi all,

myself/hubby/sister/partner will be staying with friends in Italy in june/09.

As we are not to far from Venice we were thinking of extending our holiday and taking a cruise from the port.

We really fancy the Greek Isles cruise,but the only ship available for our dates is the SOTS.

We have sailed previously on P&O,Princess and Carnival,so not sure what to expect from RCCL.

I would be grateful for others opinion on this ship.

Thanks in advance.

Taffygirl

We did a b2b on The Splendour in August 2008.

Fabulous itenaries that made up for a smaller older ship that really now needs a refurb.

Brilliant sail a way you will never beat the one hour cruise from the terminal out to sea.

Good shows average food excellent staff and quite superb Capt Tommy.

We got married on the Splendour 2 years ago Feb, 3. Great ship with a great crew. You will love her. If this is your first cruise on RCCL, then its best to start out on a smaller ship (IMHO) because its a lot more personable. She was our first cruise ever and we got married on her and so now every year we go on a Royal Caribbean Cruise for our anniversary.

We took lots of pictures here:

http://www.corriston.com/photos/

Enjoy!

Gary

Hi all,

thanks so much for all your reply's and fantastic photographs.

Mickfoxland---the ports look stunning,love the look of the hot springs in Santorini--was that an organised trip?--but I will take a rain check on the donky trail!!lol.

Gary---your wedding pics are fab--your wife looks stunning!,and you don't look to bad yourself.lol

The pics from around the ship look great and I think we will all be happy to sail on her-----beats staying at home.

Jmoore--glad to hear the ship has a good captain and that the shows were good--what kind of shows and music did you have on your trip?.Also what was wrong with the food.

cbatsea--loved our short Carnival cruise last year--so glad to hear rccl are similar.

A few more questions if you don't mind,what are the drink prices,is there automatic tipping,do you pay extra for coffee's/lemonade etc,is there a midnight buffet or 24hr cafe and last but not least as I am a smoker(the other 3 are not)what is the smoking policy on this ship.

Thanks once again.

Taffygirl

Archived