Suite vs Guar Suite

Nanatochase

Question...we are booked in a Cat 11...if we were to book a guar. Cat 11, what are the chances of being upgraded to a penthouse? I've read that that may be a possibility. Has anyone done the guar suite only to be upgraded to the penthouse? Also, I know with a guar you could be put anywhere on the ship, but with a cat 11, aren't all the suites on the Empress Deck?

Question...we are booked in a Cat 11...if we were to book a guar. Cat 11, what are the chances of being upgraded to a penthouse? I've read that that may be a possibility. Has anyone done the guar suite only to be upgraded to the penthouse? Also, I know with a guar you could be put anywhere on the ship, but with a cat 11, aren't all the suites on the Empress Deck?

All depends on what mood the upgrade fairy is in regarding getting upgraded to the penthouse suite.... but NOT ALL CAT. 11's are on the Empress deck.... depending on the ship you are sailing on.

If you book a specific category 11 cabin you will sail in the cabin you book.

If you book a category 11 guarantee you could receive any category 11 or higher suite on the ship.

You do not mention which ship you are considering. Deck names like Empress are different decks on different ship classes. You will need to consider where the suites are located on the ship you are thinking booking.

Don't know what ship you are on but on the Conquest class ships there are 2 Cat 11 cabins on the lido deck forward. Although they are the same size and have the same amenities I probably would not book one again. It was very windy out on the balcony on sea days. Your forward view is slightly (and I mean very slightly) blocked by the bridge.The plus side of the cabin is that it very good location on the lido deck and it is also quiet up front.

I would think in todays economic times you stand a pretty good chance of getting a Cat 12 if you book a suite guarantee. I have noticed in the past few months the Cat 11 & 12 don't seem to be selling as well as they used to.

I really don't think you could go wrong booking a Suite Guar. We always book a Cat 11 cause DH gets the senior discount but if I ever found a better rate using a suite guarantee I would not hesitate to do the suite guarantee.

Thank you for all your replies. We are booked on the Glory for 5/2/09. I agree with the last post, almost all the Cat 12 on the Empress deck are still vacant. I've always been leary of getting a guar room, because I want to know where I'm going to be. But my husband thinks if we do book a guar that the upgrade fairy will give us a call. Especially since most of those rooms are still vacant. But, I'm happy with the room we have. Thanks again everyone.

Are there just 2 of you in the cabin? On one of our trips, we booked a suite gty for the 4 of us and because on that class of ship (Triumph I think) Cat 11 only sleep 3, we were upgraded automatically. It was actually the PVP that told us that particular trick.:)

Are there just 2 of you in the cabin? On one of our trips, we booked a suite gty for the 4 of us and because on that class of ship (Triumph I think) Cat 11 only sleep 3, we were upgraded automatically. It was actually the PVP that told us that particular trick.:)

now thats a really good trick!!!

Archived