How do I get from PIE to tampa port and back?

runbluedog

Hello: We booked air reservations that fly into St Petersburg/Clearwater (PIE), thinking we were saving a lot of money, but now I can't figure out how to get from PIE to the tampa cruise port and back again. We will be flying in a day early, so will have 1 night to stay somewhere prior to the cruise. Any suggestion or advice would be very appreciated!

Hello: We booked air reservations that fly into St Petersburg/Clearwater (PIE), thinking we were saving a lot of money, but now I can't figure out how to get from PIE to the tampa cruise port and back again. We will be flying in a day early, so will have 1 night to stay somewhere prior to the cruise. Any suggestion or advice would be very appreciated!

Ummm...rent a car maybe?? Not sure if there are drop off points near the port or if you would have to drop it back off at the airport and then take a taxi over. Let me know if you need a rental code. I have one for Budget and also Avis.

Thank you all. Looks like we won't be saving that much money after all. Think we will rent a car to our hotel and hopefully find an agency where we can return it near the port for departure then get a shuttle from the port back to PIE upon our return.

You might try calling the hotels listed near the PIE airport (on that same web site).

Ask if they have a hotel shuttle to pick you up from the AP, then ask them if they can recommend a another shuttle service to take you to the sea port (and back to the airport). They might have better knowledge or connections than you trying to find one on your own.

You really should not need to rent a car, unless you want one. it is not that far - across the bridge, through downtown, and you are almost there.

Archived