Alexandria, Egypt - is a Visa needed ?

coxswain

On our cruise (we stopped at Port Said and Alexandria), Princess provided what are called quick stamp or short stay visas. They collected our passports a few days into the cruise and when we got them back for Egypt, the stamp was already there.

However, since you are not US and also a different cruise line, I'd advise checking with them (and then checking again.....CSR's are notorious for giving out incorrect info, I'm sorry to say.)

Royal Caribbean uses the same system described above, but it says in the travel documents that the "quick-trip" visas are available to those holding US and Canadian passports. It may not be the same for UK residents. I would check with the cruiseline. Good Luck!

coxswain

Not sure if this helps but we have booked a private tour company in Egypt and in response to this question I was told all ships provide the visa for all passengers.

(Maybe there will be exclusions for some Nationalities, but it appears UK passengers will be fine. If not..then it looks like I'll be having an 'at sea' day. :D)

Lol, no...can't afford the Brilliance. :D

Actually we did look at RCI, and also NCL who also had sailings to Egypt at this time...but would you believe Costa was the one and only ship that visits Egypt on a cruise which both starts and ends within the school holiday period..a must for us as my husband teaches. Of all the cruise lines in all the world, we had the choice of one!!!!!!

At the moment we have just booked the 'basic' tour.....museum, pyramids, boat museum, camel ride etc. We are using De Castro.

Edit: My other ports are listed on the Concordia sig below.

Archived