Wine or alcoholic drink card or all inclusive?

mae

I'm arranging a M&G for our cruise 3/1 on the Crown. When I contacted the Princess rep to set it up, I requested drinks be included for a set price, per person, as stated above. I was told they no longer offer that.:mad:

They will provide a bartender, but each person is responsible for paying for their own drinks. They don't even provide snacks-chips and pretzels, but do offer a -by the piece hours de ourves.:eek:

I'm arranging a M&G for our cruise 3/1 on the Crown. When I contacted the Princess rep to set it up, I requested drinks be included for a set price, per person, as stated above. I was told they no longer offer that.:mad:

They will provide a bartender, but each person is responsible for paying for their own drinks. They don't even provide snacks-chips and pretzels, but do offer a -by the piece hours de ourves.:eek:

I would call back again and ask the same question. This was offered (for a price) for our group last week on the Grand. Many times if you call three times, you will receive three different answers. :) If you really want to set up a M&G with an hour of 'included' drinks for a price, they can arrange this for you.

I've always been a little surprised that Princess doesn't have at least a wine package like some other lines.

In terms of other drinks, I think it would be worth Princess' considering a punch card for drinks -- maybe 3 per day at a reduced price -- that would have to be used ON the day or lost (to avoid binge drinking).

In May '08 (SYD/LA), our CC group arranged a Mother's Day Brunch. Minimum sign-ups of 35 persons was required at $20 pp. which was charged to individual On-board Accounts. But the brunch was superb -- starting with Champagne or Mimosa or Juice, all the breakfast buffet items, some specially prepared dishes, ice-cream cake (served), ice-carving decorations. The CD and Executive Chef also came by. But by then our KOALA (CC) group of over 150 pax had already become infamously known throughout the ship.

I think most people would likely find they drink less when it is all-inclusive; at least, that is the case with us.

Actually, we used to do Sandals quite a bit. I had asked the Food & Beverage Manager one time how they make money providing free liquor.

He stated that most people try to drink everything the first day and then taper off as the week goes on. So for them it's profitable.:D

Not with any of our groups:eek:

PS: You are all making me feel good learning about some of your bar bills.;)

On my last cruise, several people had a blue and white sticker that got them unlimited drinks, it was through their TA for some sort of group booking, however.

I have seen this also. It was a large group booking and they elected to get unlimited drinks instead of upgrades and free rooms.

They cannot offer it in advance except through a full advance payment for each person. Once on board, if you give a list of persons with their cabin numbers so that they can charge it to each person, they may be able to do it. For our Brunch, we had a sign-up sheet and as we walked in there was a crew member at the entrance who checked our names off. I believe no shows were not charged.

With a group booking, the TA includes it in the price and every member of the group has that included in the cruise price.

A local travel agency where I live does a semi all-inclusive cruise once a year - a Princess one, too. The drinks are bundled into the price of the cruise and also includes drink gratuities. It's very generous including cocktails, martinis, wine, soft drinks and water, however, does not include wine at lunch or dinner. I suppose people would get around that, though, by ordering a glass of wine in a bar and carrying it in to the restaurant.

Archived