Caribbean - trinidad plus isla margarita venezuela

surrey lolly

• 2 weeks later...

Trinidad is known for their wildlife/birds so if you are into that I would suggest either Caroni Bird Sanctuary or Asa Wright Nature Centre. If you want a day at the beach than maybe Maracas Bay Beach.

Margarita Island I would recommend using Crusin-n-Style for a tour of the island. The website is http://www.margaritaislandvacation.info/Crusin_N_Style.htm

Hopefully some of this info will help:)

Will be visiting for the day with Princess cruises in March never crusied before what is not to be missed.

Any Suggestions please thank you all in advance

:)

I work here in Port of Spain. I would suggest an excursion to Matura or one of the eastern beaches, You might be able to see a few leatherback turtles on the beach laying eggs. They come in a night usually, but you might want to think of somthing like that. Maracas Bay is a north facing beach that is very nice, hire a cab and spend some time there. Make sure you eat a shark-n-bake at Richards.

The promendade just outside the port can be a bit exciting at times. IF you wander down to the church at the end of the promendade, be VERY attentive of your surroundings. Charlotte and Henry street has a reputation for not being friendly to tourists. Frederick St is fun, but again, please be very attentive to what's going on around you. There are several golf courses, one at Trincity is decent.

I've not been to isla margarita yet.... good luck

Trinidad is known for their wildlife/birds so if you are into that

I would suggest either Caroni Bird Sanctuary or Asa Wright Nature Centre.

Here's a boatload of us

on the flat-bottom boat that goes thru the mangrove canals into the Caroni Bird Sanctuary..

Caroni1.JPG

a pleasant decidedly-non-"Caribbean" tour

Caroni Bird Sanctuary is great but most tours leave in the late afternoon to see the birds returning. I am not sure if they have morning tours. I will agree with Bo'sun Hank.

Get a port taxi and go to Maracas beach. Dont forget to eat the shark and bake.

Bo'sun Hank I see from your pics that you were at UWI fete. I am a carnival mass man myself and cant wait.

Surrey Lolly,

Here is a good thread on Isla Margarita.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=123457

It is a beautiful island. We have heard good reviews on wildlife boat tours in La Restigna Lagoon. The port of El Guamache is some distance (45 min +) from other attractions on the island. For beaches, there is Isla Coche off the coast near the port of El Guamache. There is also a beach very close to the pier, after you walk through the tourist market area.

Hope this helps.

DavidnSteph

Caroni Bird Sanctuary is great but most tours leave in the late afternoon to see the birds returning. I am not sure if they have morning tours. I will agree with Bo'sun Hank.

Get a port taxi and go to Maracas beach. Dont forget to eat the shark and bake.

Bo'sun Hank I see from your pics that you were at UWI fete. I am a carnival mass man myself and cant wait.

HA HA, you betcha. Unfortunately I have to be in the States and will miss Carnival so you're going to have to fete twice as hard for me! Looking forward to Panorama semis tomorrow on the Savannah.

I did forget about the Caroni tours being afternoon. Asa Wright is a tough trip in a single day in my opinion, but I've been in T&T long enough to know you don't rush anything.

Archived