Which dock in St. Thomas/Eurodam?

bunduo

We've been to St. Thomas a bunch of times but we have always docked at the Havensight pier. Is this where the Eurodam docks? If not, how far is the dock from Red Hook? We are heading over to St. John for the day and want to figure out the timing.

Thanks in advance!:)

HAL signed a contract about 3 years -- good for another 7 years -- to dock at Crown Bay -- not near Red Hook.

This site will show the ships that are with you on the day that you are in St Thomas:

http://cokibeach.net/

Some taxi fares:

Taxi rates as posted at Crown Bay for various stops:

Uptown - $4

Havensight - $5

Coki Beach - $10

Sapphire Beach - $11

Red Hook - $11

Megan's Beach - $9

These prices are per person one way.

I have docked at Havensight once and Crown Bay twice- I do not like Crown Bay very much. The shops weren't much to our liking (we aren't too much into jewelry stores and such) and I liked that you could walk to the town from Havensight.

If you are taking a taxi from CB to a farther away locale (such as Red Hook) be aware that (at least when we were there this week) the only taxis available were the bus-style ones that made a lot of stops and it took much more time to get to Red Hook than we'd planned on.

I have docked at Havensight once and Crown Bay twice- I do not like Crown Bay very much. The shops weren't much to our liking (we aren't too much into jewelry stores and such) and I liked that you could walk to the town from Havensight.

If you are taking a taxi from CB to a farther away locale (such as Red Hook) be aware that (at least when we were there this week) the only taxis available were the bus-style ones that made a lot of stops and it took much more time to get to Red Hook than we'd planned on.

I am like you -- hate Crown Bay -- don't need to buy jewelry.

Did HAL offer the water taxi from Shore Excursions to go to town and Havensight? It was $19 per person on our Eurodam cruises.

St Thomas just loves those open air safari buses.

That is great info. Thanks. We are wondering if would be quicker to take the ferry from the downtown area instead of driving over to Red Hook....or would it be quicker to take the safari type bus to downtown and grab a taxi near Kmart. Any advice to get us to St. John faster would be appreciated. I would love to have a house that overlooks Trunk Bay. It would be paradise. One the reasons I like Kenny Chesney is that he has a house on St. John.

I am like you -- hate Crown Bay -- don't need to buy jewelry.

Did HAL offer the water taxi from Shore Excursions to go to town and Havensight? It was $19 per person on our Eurodam cruises.

St Thomas just loves those open air safari buses.

If they offered it I didn't notice (I might have just not been paying attention).

On the way BACK from Red Hook Kathleen helped us hire a private taxi- just a couple bucks more, quicker, nicer, cooler. It started pouring rain and they rolled down the sides (thick plastic) on the safari buses and I imagine it was just like the sauna from... umm... the Caribbean... in there.

That is great info. Thanks. We are wondering if would be quicker to take the ferry from the downtown area instead of driving over to Red Hook....or would it be quicker to take the safari type bus to downtown and grab a taxi near Kmart. Any advice to get us to St. John faster would be appreciated. I would love to have a house that overlooks Trunk Bay. It would be paradise. One the reasons I like Kenny Chesney is that he has a house on St. John.

If you can manage I'd try to look online for a private taxi driver's number and make arrangements with them, perhaps. Or give yourself a good 45 minutes from getting off the ship until arriving at RH.

Archived