New Atlantis Tahitian Islands cruise April 25-May 2, 2009

leatherglenn

Well, we didn't actually help their bottom line at all, as this was an all inclusive cruise!!! At one point they sent a tender in to one of the ports to pick up 120 cases of water, and who knows how many cases of KetelOne!

Nope, never ran into Gil. It's funny because one would think that with only 340 pax you would meet everyone on board. We saw people while leaving the ship that we didn't see all week. Oh......I'm sure the (8x) consumption had NOTHING to do with it!

It truly was a party in paradise.

True true on the all-inclusive part! It didn't help the bottom line on that cruise - if anything it probably hurt their bottom line more because of all the extra booze they had to truck in! :eek:

Sounds like it was a great time! Can't wait for the pictures!!! :D

Hope all had a great time. I sailed the PG twice and loved it...hope you did too.

Not sure what the experience will be like once Regent management is replaced by the new owners.

Tahiti is just beautiful...hope Bora Bora blew your socks off

Welcome back.

PS....Asia trip was great

Tom

Hope all had a great time. I sailed the PG twice and loved it...hope you did too.

Tahiti is just beautiful...hope Bora Bora blew your socks off

Welcome back.

Tom

Glad you enjoyed the Asia cruise, Tom. The Tahitian cruise was fantastic. Bora Bora blew off more than my sox! :eek:

FYI, Rich snubbed the Cancun crowd (been there, done that?) and joined us on the cruise as the Atlantis cruise director. Herewith, a few "scoops":

(1) he's looking seriously at Punta Cana (sp?) on the Dominican Republic to replace PV in the Fall Resort line-up (at least for a while)

(2) he's booked the Solstice's new sister ship, the Equinox, for back-to-back Med cruises in late August/early September '10. One is, I believe, 9 nights; one 8. One is Venice to Istanbul and then Istanbul to (I think he said) Barcelona

(3) he's doubtful that he can repeat Auckland/Sydney in '11 because he wants to connect it to Mardi Gras and the ship availability for '11 is unclear. Instead, he may begin flip/flop cruises that time of year: Mardi Gras in Sydney one year and Carnival in Rio the next.

Whatever, he's always on the hunt for something new and exciting to add to the 6-night floating party staples he repeats annually.

BTW, we did NOT get the orange/grey duffle bags as a thank-you token of his appreciation. We got digital travel clocks - nice! Nor did we get a chance to sign-up for future events - we're all to receive an e-mail offering (only to those on this cruise) that opportunity. I'm definitely thinking about Venice/Istanbul if it's one of the choices. :p

Take care, Tom. Join us next February on Auckland/Sydney, won't you?

Archived