Crown and Anchor Society Question

ejpumpkin

My husband has one completed cruise with Royal Caribbean so he is a gold member. On their website it mentions (among other things) a commemorative gift. What is it usually? Something like a hat or bag? Or something even cheaper like a key chain? Just curious to see what will be waiting for us in our cabin. (is that how it even works?? they are already in your cabin when you first board?)

My husband has one completed cruise with Royal Caribbean so he is a gold member. On their website it mentions (among other things) a commemorative gift. What is it usually? Something like a hat or bag? Or something even cheaper like a key chain? Just curious to see what will be waiting for us in our cabin. (is that how it even works?? they are already in your cabin when you first board?)

The gift changes from time to time. I´ve gotten bags and hats and picture frames ......

The gift will not be in your cabin when you board. It´s been given sometime during the cruise.

Yes, it will be waiting in your cabin. I believe the gift that they are giving now is a ball cap. On another note, as his wife, you are also considered to be gold member and therefore you are entitled to all of the benefits that he is entitled to. You should place a call to RCI and let them know that you will be traveling with him and you would like to receive the benefits. Another benefit you will receive is a booklet with discount coupons for things on the ship.

Most recently it has been a Crown and Anchor baseball cap (each of you should receive one). The gifts change periodically (but not often enough to please some frequent cruisers:D) In the past we have received a wide variety of gifts ranging from toiletry kits to tote bags.:) You will also receive gold coupon books that offer some discounts on shipboard purchases (drinks, photos, souvenirs, perfume, spa services etc.) The coupon books contain better offers as you progress from gold to platinum to diamond.

Yes, it will be waiting in your cabin. I believe the gift that they are giving now is a ball cap. On another note, as his wife, you are also considered to be gold member and therefore you are entitled to all of the benefits that he is entitled to. You should place a call to RCI and let them know that you will be traveling with him and you would like to receive the benefits. Another benefit you will receive is a booklet with discount coupons for things on the ship.

But I haven't cruised with RCCL before. When I called a few weeks ago to find out what his membership # was I asked the lady if I am a member too now and she said not until I complete my first cruise with RCCL. So do I have to wait until this cruise is completed or was she wrong and I should be able to become a member now? Thanks so much! I just LOVE these boards. :D

But I haven't cruised with RCCL before. When I called a few weeks ago to find out what his membership # was I asked the lady if I am a member too now and she said not until I complete my first cruise with RCCL. So do I have to wait until this cruise is completed or was she wrong and I should be able to become a member now? Thanks so much! I just LOVE these boards. :D

Spouses do take the level of the other spouse, however, I think the C&A rep was right, you have to sail before you can join and then you will take his level.

There are actual Crown & Anchor Members that have never cruised, but are Diamond members because they "live with and cruise with a Diamond member". I remember reading about a 1-yr-old having Diamond status because her parents were Diamond.

So, yes, as long as you have the same address and name, you will have the same status as your husband.

Hope This Helps.

Spouses do take the level of the other spouse, however, I think the C&A rep was right, you have to sail before you can join and then you will take his level.

This is what I was told also. After your first cruise you will be eligible for a C and A number and then you'll be at your Dh level.

After Reading the C&A Benifits on the RCI website sounds like a pretty cool benifit package. On the Diamond Plus part it said that their are extra diamond plus benifits after 49 cruises and even more after 75. Just wondering if anyone is to that level yet and if so what are these extra benifits? Also they said there is something special for the 100th cruise. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

BbAaSsSs

Archived