need information on Amazara cruise on Feb 12 in the Caribbean

terri0255

I have sailed on a few of the larger ships and from time to time have experienced being sea sick. My husband really wants to do the Amazara cruise on Feb. 12 out of Miami. I am a little bit scared as this is a much smaller ship. Has anyone been on the Azamara cruise line aboard Journey and any remedies that really work for sea sickness.

We sailed to French Polynesia on a sister ship to the Journey. We didn't notice any more motion on that ship than we did on larger ships. I was wondering about the same thing, before our cruise. We were pleasantly suprised. You should be fine with your usual sea sickness remedy. :)

Hi Terri !

While none of us can predict rough seas, I was on Quest during a fairly severe storm. I though the ship handled it extremely well. If you are worried, you can look into various over the counter items, like Sea-Bands, and Bonine to help with sea-sickness, but always ask your Doctor, just to be on the safe side.

As for the ship itself, both Journey and Quest are beautiful ships. If you are looking for a more relaxed Cruise, with great ports, you will be very happy with Azamara. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask !

I found the Journey to be pretty bouncy when the seas were rough. We had terrible swells from Miami to Aruba, but to be fair we had the same swells on larger ships with the same result.

I find ginger to be the best seasickness remedy for me. Even non-drowsy formulas of Bonine, etc. knock me out. I had some of the pickled ginger from the sushi bar and it calmed my stomach right down.

Ginger isn't for everybody - for one thing it doesn't work on everybody, but it can also interact with medications. I recall reading that you should take it if you're on bloodthinners, for example. So if you're on any prescription meds, check with your doctor before you take it (or anything else, for that matter).:)

I have sailed on a few of the larger ships and from time to time have experienced being sea sick. My husband really wants to do the Amazara cruise on Feb. 12 out of Miami. I am a little bit scared as this is a much smaller ship. Has anyone been on the Azamara cruise line aboard Journey and any remedies that really work for sea sickness.

Terri--We are sailing on Journey on 1/31 to 2/12 and are looking forward to this experience. We have a prescription for Transderm-Scop Patches and have used them for about 3 year now and have good results. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Archived