Muster Drill Time on AOS - Need to Know!!

Also remember that AOS is on Atlantic time, so 6pm Eastern kickoff will be 7pm ship's time.

We are sailing on 2/1/09 and it's Superbowl Sunday... and our ship isn't supposed to depart until 8:30 pm!!! And my DH wants to watch the game, and we're hoping the game will NOT be during Muster Drill.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I was also on 1/18 cruise, and the muster drill was at 5:30, with the first seating for dinner moved back to 6:30. There were plenty of people watching the playoff games in the Sports Bar.

Enjoy

BarbaB

We are sailing on 2/1/09 and it's Superbowl Sunday... and our ship isn't supposed to depart until 8:30 pm!!! And my DH wants to watch the game, and we're hoping the game will NOT be during Muster Drill.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Ya'll did see her say 8:30 pm, right? Just checking.

We are sailing on 2/1/09 and it's Superbowl Sunday. And my DH wants to watch the game, and we're hoping the game will NOT be during Muster Drill.

We were on the Adventure for Superbowl 2007. Muster drill was held on Monday morning at 10:00 am. Live coverage of the game started at 7:00 all over the ship and on the in-room TV.

However we were onboard the Mariner for Superbowl Sunday last year and they held the muster drill at 4:00 as usual. Coverage of that game wasn't advertised to be as extensive in the Compass. Sorry, we're not fans.

Took the cat to his vacation home today so now I can start to pack!! :D

em

That's good to know!! I hope they save Muster for 10 am the next day. But even if it's at 4:30, that should still be enough time to find a nice seat with a drink to watch the game!! The whole time change thing confuses the crap out of me sometimes. LOL.

So what happens if the ship goes down as it is leaving port?

Can't see that this is allowed.....

Like it or not and it does raise questions similar to yours, that is how the US Coast Guard regulations are written. On the recent Mariner of the Seas Around the Horn sailing muster drill was held during the first sea day and not the evening before when she sailed.

Rest assured, if the ship goes down as it is leaving port, the officers and crew are trained to keep the passengers safe and secure.:)

I had read in several books about cruising that the drill had to be in the first 24 hours. This surprised me since I have always been on ships with drills before you sail. I decided to research this and found the following information. I am quoting this directly from http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/cruise_factsheet.html

"Emergency Drills. Coast Guard regulations and SOLAS require that the master of an ocean cruise ship periodically hold fire and lifeboat drills. They are intended not only to give the crew practice, but also to show the passengers how to act in the event of an emergency at sea. Passengers should participate fully in these drills. The timing and frequency of the drills depends in large part on the length of the voyage. On voyages that will last more than one week, the first drill will be held before the ship gets underway (passengers who embark at the last minute sometimes miss this drill), with additional drills at least once a week thereafter. On voyages of one week or less, the drills must be held within 24 hours after leaving port."

Archived