Alaska Toursaver & Coupon Books - Did You Save?

Travel-Jen

I asked this on the other coupon thread, but thought I'd ask here as well:

Does anyone know if any of the vendors will allow you to use a coupon for more than one person? We are a family of four and I was wondering if they would allow us to pay for two, get two free with one coupon or if I should buy two books and if I do buy two books, can I use two coupons on one transaction?

Advice appreciated!!

No, you have to have 2 coupons. Only one offer per coupon. Flightseeing is the most limited for coupon use. IF looking at that, you might want to see if reservations are available before you purchase.

Is this worth it if we are doing a Princess Cruise-tour? or is it more for people who are off on their own schedule? The link to princess cruises on the site was "unavailable"

Also since I am travelling with a child will it be worth it or are the child prices not discounted as much?

thanks

No, it probably won't be worthwhile, unless you are staying at the McKinley lodge and doing flightseeing???

Just for information, be well prepared for no other kids on the land tour. Pack triple the games, batteries, activites that you think you'll need if younger. Be well prepared for the Denali Park tour.

No, it probably won't be worthwhile, unless you are staying at the McKinley lodge and doing flightseeing???

Just for information, be well prepared for no other kids on the land tour. Pack triple the games, batteries, activites that you think you'll need if younger. Be well prepared for the Denali Park tour.

We have 2 nights @ McKinley but it is part of the package. and I wanted to do a dog sled, but it looks like the best way to do it in Aug is a heli tour.

She's an amazing traveller, and will be fine.

thanks for the information.

Cathy,

I was wondering the same thing last night. Since I just ordered the Toursaver book, I was planning on using the PWS coupon, but was also doing the Alaska rail, so wondering if I could do the rail package with the PWS instead. Although I would only need a one way rail to Whittier though, and the package online includes a return rail to Anchorage.

Let us know what the vendor says, if not, I'll call. Thanks!

does anyone know that if you order the "Toursaver" book online will you receive the code than to reserve some tours and do you have to wait until you receive the book?

The code is in the book. So you will need the book to make your reservations. The book did not take long to receive.

The Toursaver book takes less than a week to receive. I think it is highly valuable if you are doing your own land touring. We are doing our first trip to Alaska this year, and we are doing the land on our own. If you plan it right, depending upon where you go, you should be able to get a free night of lodging every other night. There are plenty of buy 1 get 1 night free coupons in it for various lodging.

We were able to book a lodge without having the book yet, and they took our word for it. The most trouble we have had is with the Avis get 1 day free car rental. They won't credit us a day until we get there. We had to call the 1-800 number (transferred to an India call center?) and the local number numerous times just to figure that out. That is the only problem we have had thus far, and we will probably be saving between $500 and $1000 with the coupon book.

I thank this board for letting us know about the book; we wouldn't have known otherwise!!

The Toursaver book offers a coupon for whale watching in Juneau. Does anyone know which company this is with? It doesn't say in the online info. I have not ordered the book but plan to. That is one of my major wishes is to do the whale watching in Juneau. I am currently looking at ORCA. Now I am undecided after looking online at the book. The coupon is 2-for-1 for the watching which would be considerable savings if this particular watch is through a good company. Any info is appreciated!

T and R going on their first Alaska cruise!!:D

The TourSaver whale watching for Juneau is with Alaska Whale Watching (http://www.akwhalewatching.com). I seriously considered this but we are going to do a bear viewing instead. I read good things about them. We would have definitely used them if we were not doing the bear viewing instead.

Hope this helps. Happy planning!

in case anyone cares they are having a sale this year at the Denali lodges in celebration of Alaska statehood. You get a free night when you book one. I booked direct with the lodge on the website for a Friday and Saturday night in June and only paid for one night.

Hi everyone,

I am actually looking for another Northern Lights 2 for 1 coupon for the 9hr Northwestern Fjord tour.

If anyone is getting rid of their coupons or is interested in a swap please let me know. grey_eyes81@hotmail.com

What section is this coupon in? I'm sure I won't need it, but I have to find it to send it! Also, is there a space in your e-mail address or is it an underscore that doesn't show?

Basically, I don't think I'm going to save big with the Northern Lights book. We found lodging near Denali that will cost about the same as using the free night coupon, and since we're not doing any of the little cruises most of our savings will be small. I'll try to sell on Ebay when we get back so I can get something out of it.

What section is this coupon in? I'm sure I won't need it, but I have to find it to send it! Also, is there a space in your e-mail address or is it an underscore that doesn't show?

Basically, I don't think I'm going to save big with the Northern Lights book. We found lodging near Denali that will cost about the same as using the free night coupon, and since we're not doing any of the little cruises most of our savings will be small. I'll try to sell on Ebay when we get back so I can get something out of it.

That would be perfect! Thank you so much!

Yes it is an underscore. I don't have my book yet, but will be receiving it this week. I will email you as soon as I get it.

It should be with the Alaskan Tours & Activities.

If there is any coupon you need, please let me know.

Can you please send me your email address?

Thanks again!

The book paid for itself but we "recovered" more of the cost by selling it on eBay. There's a thriving market; people who sailed May thru mid-July sell their books, and people sailing later in the season are buyers. If you buy, be sure the listing explictly states which coupons have been removed and also be sure the seller provides the book's serial number.

Call me stupid - did a search on eBay and couldn't find anything. Tried:

'toursaver'

'alaska coupon book'

'alaska'

Help?

Call me stupid - did a search on eBay and couldn't find anything. Tried:

'toursaver'

'alaska coupon book'

'alaska'

Help?

Its too early--you need to wait until the early folks get back; start looking towards the end of June. There were some comments last year that E-Bay took them off, but then I heard that if you sell them "buy-now" rather than auction, it is ok. We will just have to wait and see.

I found their website: http://www.toursaver.com/index.php/home/ which includes detail listing of discounts. What is listed on their webiste: is this the complete/comprehensive list of the coupon book?

I asked because some of the side trips of interest which I can't find included are:

Skagway

White Pass and Yukon RR trip

Ketchikan

Island Wings flighttouring of Misty Fjords, etc.

Junea

Helicopter tour and walking tour of Menhenhall Glacier

The above are pretty pricey - thus interested if one or any are in the coupon book?

I found their website: http://www.toursaver.com/index.php/home/ which includes detail listing of discounts. What is listed on their webiste: is this the complete/comprehensive list of the coupon book?

I asked because some of the side trips of interest which I can't find included are:

Skagway

White Pass and Yukon RR trip

Ketchikan

Island Wings flighttouring of Misty Fjords, etc.

Junea

Helicopter tour and walking tour of Menhenhall Glacier

The above are pretty pricey - thus interested if one or any are in the coupon book?

None of these are in the Toursaver coupon book. Sorry.

How many Prince Williams Sound coupon on the Toursaver? We are party of 7 and try to decide how many book we need to purchase.

Only one. The Toursaver does not have multiple coupons. Look at the Northern Lights book--it has two coupons and is the cheaper of the two discount books. http://www.alaska-discounts.com/

Also, if you need more coupons, some folks have been trading them here on CC.

Archived