What do you do the night before your cruise

djmutters

• 1 month later...

This will be our first cruise. 2 days before the cruise we are getting married here in Indianapolis and then driving to the port. I would assume that the night before the cruise we will pretty much go to sleep after we check in at the hotel.

We've been together for 5 years so a "wedding night" is not as appealing as it is to some ;)

I stress... My DW insists on fling out the day of the cruise. So I stress...

What if the alarm doesn't go off? What if we get up late? What if our car to the airport doesn't arrive? Did we pack the Valium? What if the unpredictable DC traffic gets unpredictable? What airport did you say we are to be fling out? What if there is a flight delay? Did we pack the Valium? What if we miss the plane? Is the luggage over weight? What if the car from the airport to the ship isn't there? Honey Will you unpack the Valium!? :confused:

I have the same issues, except I pack the Valium in the carry on for easy access for the wife. Valium the wonder drug makes my stress a lot less, I start loading her up 2 days before the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Never stress and never book a cruise until about 3 or 4 weeks before leaving and have done a couple cruises booking the week before - including a last-minute Mediterranean cruise. For cruises out of Tampa or FLL and Miami I search for Panthers or Tampa Bay Lightning games to see night before. Nothing gives me a bigger thrill than buying NHL tickets in the parking lot for $20. (Just doesn't happen in Toronto). For Southern Caribbean out of San Juan we go early and look for Salsa dancing at a night club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We usually have a dinner party, either at our house or a neighboring house, since it is the start of our vacation...

We have usually been packed for a week at that point, so no worries there...

This coming Saturday, I'll be camped out at Ft Lauderdale airport hoping and praying that my sister and bro-in-law's flight from Boston via Detroit isn't snowed in...they arrive at 11pm!

They ain't gonna be too happy the next morning when we wake them up to drive to the port!

• 2 months later...

We always fly the day of the cruise, so the evening before we leave (for any vacation) we have dinner with my parents to fill them in on any last instructions for the kids before we leave......

the kids are Harley who is 6 (Rottweiller), Haley who is 4 (Chihuahua) and Emma who is 3 (Chihuahua). They just love going to grandma's house!!!:D

Then we go home and DH packs (finally!) and we try to sleep... never happens.... just watch the clock tick tock! Did someone on this thread mention valium?!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It's usually a low key day since we were up in the middle of the night to go to the airport for an early AM flight. It's nice to have that pre cruise day to relax, soak up some sunshine, have a nice meal and cocktail and crash early.

flyining in from the Midwest so this just about sums up our night before embarkation.

I have the same issues, except I pack the Valium in the carry on for easy access for the wife. Valium the wonder drug makes my stress a lot less, I start loading her up 2 days before the cruise.

:cool: :eek: :p Made me laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I live a short drive from 5 ports of call.....I tend to drive to the port the day before and stay at a hotel so there is less than a one percent chance of anything going wrong on the way to the port the day of......

• 2 weeks later...

Bree usually checks our documents a half a dozen times ... lol .. and depending where we are going out of , some times we travel in the day before ! ! !

Luggage waiting by the door and a final carry on check of things we may need .. such as swim suits ... Zanax and sun tan lotion ! ! ! as well as we spoil our self when traveling to ports close to home .. and have a Town Car / Limo pick us up and take us to the port ... all these things are double checked ! ! ! and away WE go ! ! ! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We often arrive at the port a day or 2 early and I attempt to get to sleep a bit earlier than normal on the night before we cruise. I have too much adrenaline flowing to sleep the night before we leave the house!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are going on our FIRST cruise in Sept 2012 on RCI Freedom of the Seas, so we dont have a cruise ritual yet. But when we do go on vacation, we always go out to dinner to the same resturant the night before we leave. This is our way of marking the beginning of our vacation. So we will do the same thing next year for our cruise.

Archived