What do you do the night before your cruise

djmutters

• 3 weeks later...

We fly to the port the day before. However, because we live 200 miles from our departure airport and we lose an hour going there, we leave home the day before that, spend a night in Boise, Idaho and then fly. Actually another reason we stay over in Boise is that for a nice hotel room at $79/night, they allow us the leave our car there at no extra charge!!

Boise is a great small international airport. Easy to get around and not super busy. We have never been able to get a great flight (time wise). Our cruise in August, we go to Vancouver, BC to our cruise departure (Vancouver BC) for Alaska. We leave Boise at 11:00 am and fly to San Francisco and then Vancouver and arrive in Vancouver at 7:30!! Makes for a long day.

Once in Vancouver we will get something to eat, let our grandson swim for awhile and try to sleep. I won't sleep that night but DH and DGS probably will be able to. First cruise for our 11 year old grandson and we are all pretty darn excited.

Elaine

The airport is an hour away, down a busy and often clogged freeway, so we will spend the night at a motel just outside the airport. My DH will drive me and mom to the motel and the motel will take us to the airport for our 6:30 a.m. flight! I'll doze and keep startling awake to look at the clock, about every 22 minutes, to make sure we didn't miss the alarm. Finally, about 1/2 hour before it's time to get up I'll drop off into a deep sleep. Then a flight from Ontario, California to Altanta and a 6 hour layover! Then on the big bird to Venice. We get there about 11 a.m. and are picked up and taken right to the ship. That was the best flight scheduled we could get. My wonderful mom has upgraded us to first class for the flights so it should be fairly pleasant flying!

when I (we) were younger we would pack the night before the night before the cruise and stay up and party until it was time to get on our early flight. Now - we just look at each other (over ONE gin) and try and get a good nights sleep. The party used to start way early and now - it starts on that early morning flight. HENCE, MIMOSA'S FOR EVERYONE!

Chick.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a list maker, so I give everyone their packing list and tell them to make sure they have everything they need and I double check mine. We live about a 3 hour drive from Miami, so I make sure the car is gassed up and ready and to go, and before we go to bed that all suitcases put in the car. Everyone has a carry on to throw their last minute stuff in in the morning and I double check our documentation. Not very romantic, but at least we have everything ready and can just get up, shower, and hit the road!!

• 2 weeks later...

Many of our MIXED NUTZ cruise group fly in a day early and we meet for a pre-cruise dinner. Sometimes the group is made up of old friends, other times there are more new members. Its a great way to kick off a cruise and new friendships.

Since we live 45 minutes from Galveston, our group gets together the night before for finger foods and cocktails. It really gets us cranked up and excited to be going cruising again!!!!

After returning home we get together a few weeks later and have our picture party. We all have cameras and are clicking away. It is so much fun to get together and see all the different pic's everyone got even though we were together quite a bit. We all have a cd made of our pic's and have copies for everyone! So much fun!!!!

I usually take an early flight the day before I cruise. Once I arrive, I may or may not catch a quick nap. Then I go sightseeing, grab something to eat and chill by the pool with a nice drink and watch the sunset.

Then sleep for a while before heading to the port the next morning.

Pam

My family & I would stay in a hotel near the airport because it's a lil ways from where we live & eat at a restuarant that night and talk about last year's cruise.

This year we're flying in a day earlier to Ft. Lauderdale!!!!!!!! I'll be with the girlfriends this time, we're going to go to a restuarant & eat out too. Lol ;) I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I know what I don't do the night before SLEEP :eek: We usually fly the day of our cruise- yes we are risk takers. We are usually packing the night before. For some odd reason it doesn't matter what time we start we never seem to get to bed until after 1am - Since we fly the day of - our flight is always before 8am with 1 hour drive to the airport OUCH!:(

what are we thinking:confused:

I took my first cruise over 20 years ago on the Caribe I and I almost missed the ship because of a flight delay. Ever since then I have flown in the day before so I can enjoy a relaxed night and get to the port on time!

Im usually running around like a mad woman!! I check everything off my list and then check it again..

I also make sure my entire house is clean.. and then right before I go to bed I make sure my bags are ready by the front door..

Im usually running around like a mad woman!! I check everything off my list and then check it again..

I also make sure my entire house is clean.. and then right before I go to bed I make sure my bags are ready by the front door..

Ditto, except I don't actually put anything into the suitcases until the morning. And I sit and play with my cats, because I know I am going to miss them so much.

We gave up list a long time ago, it keeps us on our toes. My wife and I just pack for ourselves, it works great.

john

We too take same day flights - riskier yes - but saves vacation days so we can cruise more! :)

So the night before, it's usually last minute packing, ordering food in, and trying to get some sleep!

We also usually leave our bedroom in complete disarray - although the rest of the house is tidy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have a ritual, other than getting ready to explode with excitement, but I will be getting hammered the night before at the embassy suites in Miami, enjoying the free cocktail hour. :D:D

We live in Cali, so if we are catching a ship from LA or San Diego, its last minute packing and notes for the house/animal sitter. If we are flying into port, then we ALSO go in a day early (learned that the hard way!!!:rolleyes:). Either way, we are EXCITED!!!!

Night before I cruise --- all girls this trip---oh I forgot have always left DH's home!!!!! we are driving to port, get in hotel really late/early, sleep a few hours and then get to the port ASAP!!!! Night before we actually leave Ga. I am packing up (which I have learned less is great!!) and getting so excited I can hardly sleep!!!!:D

I like to get in town a day before we depart. We like to go to a place called THE SWAP SHOP it is on Sunrise Blvd. It is a real big flea market anything you forgot its there. I did get my wife a nice ankle thingie that she likes.

Archived